Subject: [bug#74756] [PATCH gnome-team 0/3] Update gjs to 1.82.1

From: André Batista <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2024 20:11:35 -0300

Hi Liliana,

seg 09 dez 2024 às 21:11:59 (1733789519), [email-masked] enviou:
> Hi Guix,
> 
> after updating GNOME Shell to 46 in [1], I noticed that the tools
> dealing with extensions do not work as supposed.  According to [2],
> upstream expects gjs versions 1.80 or 1.82 for GNOME 46/47 respectively,
> so let's update it.  Unfortunately, this also requires updates of icu4c
> and mozjs, which I'd rather put in the hands of our mozilla team if
> possible.
> 

I'm not sure I understood your last sentence above: what do you mean
by "rather put in the hands of our mozilla team"? To build on a
separate branch? To review here the work you've already done? To fix
those FIXMEs that you've worked around for now?

The patches look good to me, but they trigger to many builds for me
to actually test them locally.

Oh and the icu4c one does not apply cleanly on master because there's
a icu4c-75 under what is currently icu4c-73.

Cheers!