Subject: bug#74750: clone-frame and make-frame pixelwise issues

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2024 10:32:34 +0100

> I'd write that as
 >
 >    If PIXELWISE or `frame-resize-pixelwise' is non-nil and FRAME's terminal
 >    is not text-only, use the pixel size of FRAME for the cloned frame.
 >    Otherwise, use the number of columns and lines of FRAME for the cloned
 >    frame.

But may be we should write

                (and pixelwise frame-resize-pixelwise))

and say

   If PIXELWISE and `frame-resize-pixelwise' are both non-nil and FRAME's
   terminal is not text-only, use the pixel size of FRAME for the cloned
   frame.  Otherwise, use the number of columns and lines of FRAME for
   the cloned frame.

Setting PIXELWISE to t in a setting where 'frame-resize-pixelwise' is
nil means asking for trouble since the window manager might not honor
it.  WDYT?

martin