Subject: Constructors created by define-configuration evaluate the fields twice

From: Tomas Volf <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2024 16:40:21 +0100

Hello,

I discovered that every field in configuration created by
define-configuration is evaluated twice:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
scheme@(guix-user)> ,use (gnu services configuration)
scheme@(guix-user)> (define serialize-string #f)
scheme@(guix-user)> (define-configuration test (s string ""))
scheme@(guix-user)> (test (s (pk "x")))

;;; ("x")

;;; ("x")
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

That probably is not intentional.

Have a nice day,
Tomas volf

-- 
There are only two hard things in Computer Science:
cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.