Subject: Re: bug#74736: [PATCH v2 0/1] Add Request-For-Comment process.

From: Noé Lopez <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2025 13:51:57 +0100

>> Half of the committers is 25 people (based on .guix-authorizations), and
>> a quarter of the team members is 10.  Personnally, I have trouble
>> imagining that this amount of people will come to send a mail to the
>> RFC.
>
> So are you saying you’d want no quorum at all?  (Your revision still
> reads “50% committers”.)

To take a realistic example, say I make an RFC for P2P substitute
distribution with GNUNet/ERIS, this is a big change that requires an RFC
but I have trouble imagining that ten people in the team members are
interested in that.

Teams are specialized after all, if I add myself to the games team it
doesn’t mean I care about RFCs for what would be the core team.

That said I trust your experience to find a quorum that works and if you
think ten is realistic then go for it.

>> Lastly, do we want to move the RFCs to a separate git repository?
>
> I think so.  I’ll ask for it on Savannah.
>

Great!

Have a nice day,
Noé