Subject: Re: [bug#74736] [PATCH v2 0/1] Add Request-For-Comment process.

From: Simon Tournier <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2025 20:15:48 +0100

Hi Maxim,

Thanks for your comments.  All included except one.

On Mon, 20 Jan 2025 at 11:50, Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> - changing the contributor workflow and related infrastructure (mailing
>>   lists, source code repository and forge, continuous integration, etc.).
>
> Punctuaction rule: I seem to recall that you don't need a trailing dot
> if there is already one, even inside a preceding closing parens [0].
>
> [0]  https://english.stackexchange.com/a/8385

Hum, I think here etc. does not act as the last term of the sentence
because it’s inside the parenthesis.  It does not appear to me a
double-duty case.

Anyway, in doubt I replaced by ’and so on’. :-)

>> The GCD process applies only to “significant” changes, which include:
>
> The quotes here, again.

Replaced by *significant*, thus it’s consistent with the rest.

>> one sponsor in addition to the author(s).  See “Submission Period” below.
>
> Markdown (or at least most flavors in use of it) supports referring to
> sections via URL, IIRC.  So I'd use:
>
> --8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
> See [Submission Period](#submission-period) below.
> --8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Since it makes the document in plain text harder to read and it does not
bring much, and we do not know yet how these GCDs will be parsed, it
appears to me simpler to keep it that way, for now.

>> ## Cost of Reverting
>>
>> The GCD process described in this document can be amended by subsequent
>> GCDs.
>
> This section name (Cost of Reverting) doesn't match with its content?

I added “Not applicable” because it’s hard to predict the cost of
reverting about something that we have never tried. :-)

Cheers,
simon