Subject: [bug#74736] [PATCH v6] Add Request-for-Comments process.

From: Simon Tournier <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2025 16:39:50 +0100

Hi Reza,

On Fri, 17 Jan 2025 at 12:15, reza via Guix-patches via <[email-masked]> wrote:

>                           I don't see this mention in the document?

Well, I think it’s covered with the term “sequence number” and with the
information provided by the 000-template.md.

    id: <the next available number>

>                                                                     Also
> will this mean we only can do 999 RFC's?

Well, this document will be amended a couple of times before we are
close to have 999 GCDs, I guess. :-) Therefore, we will refine depending
on how it goes.

Moreover, considering the changes that would have required such process
from the 10+ past years, I think we have some time for preparing the
case of 999 before we reach it. :-)

Cheers,
simon

PS: Fun: “sequence number” could be a Fibonacci sequence number… Even,
    it could be let to the author as an exercise to determine which
    “sequence” the project is following. ;-)