Subject: [bug#74736] Guix Common Document process (v7)

From: Suhail Singh <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2025 07:04:14 -0500

Simon Tournier <[email-masked]> writes:

> That’s why, I proposed (v7) to use the low traffic info-guix for
> announcing and asking for inputs.

info-guix has the following description which, I believe, makes it
well-suited to the task:

"Low-traffic mailing list for announcements to Guix users."

> However, I find better to have the discussion happens inside the bug
> tracker.

Agreed.

> And easier too; because some contributors when replying break the
> email thread (incorrect in-reply-to) then it’s very painful to follow.

Thank you for considering this failure mode.

> Later, using the bug tracker for discussing, it’s also easy to re-read
> all the comments for one willing to understand why we ended up with
> such specific GCD.

Agreed.

-- 
Suhail