Subject: [bug#74736] [PATCH v2 0/1] Add Request-For-Comment process.

From: "Artyom V. Poptsov" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2024 23:47:18 +0300

Hello Noé Lopez,

thanks for pushing this idea forward!  I think that the RFC process will
help to track all the major initiatives in GNU Guix -- present and
future ones.

I know that there are several long-term big projects inside Guix, namely
Guile daemon, distributed substitutes and maybe more.  In my view the
problem is that the information about those projects is buried in the
Git branches and E-Mail discussions.  Maybe RFCs in the well-known place
inside the repository will help developers to see what the community at
large is up to.

> # Ludovic Courtès:
> # I’d go for one format, preferably Markdown because we have a library to
> # parse it.

To my taste, as for Emacs user, the plain old org-mode format is good
enough to write RFCs, but that's no more than a preference.  Many people
using Markdown nowadays so maybe it will help to make the RFC process
more friendly for newcomers.

- avp

-- 
Artyom "avp" Poptsov <[email-masked]>
Home page: https://memory-heap.org/~avp/
CADR Hackerspace co-founder: https://cadrspace.ru/
GPG: D0C2 EAC1 3310 822D 98DE  B57C E9C5 A2D9 0898 A02F