Subject: bug#74722: 31.0.50; erc-scenarios-match fail on FreeBSD 14.2

From: "J.P." <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2024 12:01:52 -0800

Hi Michael,

Michael Albinus writes:

> I did run 'gmake check-expensive' on a FreeBSD 14.2
> VM. erc-scenarios-match fail, see appended log file.

Although I didn't try very hard, I was only able to reproduce a failure
with the first of the two failing tests shown in your log. This was on
FreeBSD 14.2 using what's likely the same VM image. Curiouser is that I
could only do so on the very first run after building a new Emacs. On
subsequent runs with various Make targets, including a check-expensive,
both tests always seemed to pass. In any case, I've marked both as
:unstable for the time being:

  https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit/?id=b25fba0e

Thanks,
J.P.

In GNU Emacs 31.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-unknown-freebsd14.2, GTK+ Version
 3.24.43, cairo version 1.17.4) of 2024-12-08 built on freebsd
Repository revision: 6f6b641975e4828f96913b29b1476c6323c952d8
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101014
System Description: 14.2-RELEASE

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG LCMS2
LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE PDUMPER PNG RSVG SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS
TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM GTK3
ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_CTYPE: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util text-property-search time-date subr-x mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
cl-loaddefs cl-lib sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd touch-screen tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch
easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind kqueue lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo gtk
x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty move-toolbar make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 38697 10019) (symbols 48 5372 0) (strings 32 12467 1886)
 (string-bytes 1 299247) (vectors 16 9351)
 (vector-slots 8 112364 6279) (floats 8 21 3) (intervals 56 229 0)
 (buffers 992 10))