Subject: bug#7470: 24.0.50; Word Isearch lazy highlighting

From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 21:29:41 +0100

Hi,

Please, consider the situation arising after performing these steps::
0) Start Emacs (emacs -Q).
1) Go to the beginning of the *scratch* buffer (M-<).
2) Start an incremental _word_ search (M-s w).
3) Type `that fil'.

After step 3, the second occurrence of `that fil' should be
highlighted with `lazy-highlighting' face [1], but that doesn't
happen.

--------------

[1] Emacs Manual. Section "13.3 Word Search" (node "Word Search").
Last paragraph:
>   A nonincremental word search differs slightly from the incremental
> version in the way it finds a match: the last word in the search string
> must be an exact match for a whole word.  In an incremental word
> search, the last word in the search string can match part of a word;
> this allows the matching to proceed incrementally as you type.

-- 
Dani Moncayo