Subject: bug#74673: 30.0.92; face warning on legal elisp syntax

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2024 23:46:44 -0500

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

  > > > (1) could we clarify what rule I'm breaking, exactly? Is this
  > > > rule something I can toggle on/off?

  > > Move the mouse pointer there and wait for a split-second: you will
  > > see the answer in a tooltip.

  > Is there a way to view tooltips without making any use of the mouse? I
  > see that I can get tooltips displayed in the echo area, but apparently
  > I still must utilize the mouse to see the tooltip in the first place.

When using Emacs in a Linux tty, there is nothing like a mouse.

Toolkits are helpful, but in no case should a tooltip be the only
recommended way to get the answer to a question.  There should be
abother way.

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman (https://stallman.org)
Chief GNUisance of the GNU Project (https://gnu.org)
Founder, Free Software Foundation (https://fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org)