Subject: [PATCH v3 0/2] tests: pack: Fix AppImage tests.

From: Noé Lopez <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2024 01:23:01 +0100

From: Noé Lopez <[email-masked]>

(messed up git in v2)

Hi,

Thanks you very much for working on the tests, I should have spent more time
on them myself.

> I noticed that the tests were not going very far, so I tried the patch
> below to: (1) check the output of ‘hello’ in the first test, (2) change
> the second test to check for the existence of /var/guix/db/db.sqlite.
>
> The second test doesn’t work though, because where’s that file supposed
> to live?  The image is apparently extracted in an unguessable directory,
> so cannot tell where it is.  Am I right?

Yes, --appimage-extract-and-run uses a temporary directory but you can use
--appimage-extract which always places the contents in ./squashfs-root.

The other reason the test did not work is because the localstatedir option
wasn’t supported to begin with, this is an oversight that I could have avoided
by knowing what I was doing.

I’m sending a second version with the localstatedir support and your updated
tests.

Thanks,
Noé

Noé Lopez (2):
  pack: Support localstatedir in AppImage format.
  tests: pack: Improve AppImage tests.

 guix/scripts/pack.scm | 13 +++++++++-
 tests/pack.scm        | 60 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++----------
 2 files changed, 58 insertions(+), 15 deletions(-)

base-commit: 1a62f687e504c67f26693f3bc60a90e503ab4ea9
-- 
2.46.0