Subject: [PATCH v2 0/2] Fix AppImage tests.

From: Noé Lopez <[email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2024 00:58:13 +0100

From: Noé Lopez <[email-masked]>

Hi,

Thanks you very much for working on the tests, I should have spent more time
on them myself.

> I noticed that the tests were not going very far, so I tried the patch
> below to: (1) check the output of ‘hello’ in the first test, (2) change
> the second test to check for the existence of /var/guix/db/db.sqlite.
>
> The second test doesn’t work though, because where’s that file supposed
> to live?  The image is apparently extracted in an unguessable directory,
> so cannot tell where it is.  Am I right?

Yes, --appimage-extract-and-run uses a temporary directory but you can use
--appimage-extract which always places the contents in ./squashfs-root.

The other reason the test did not work is because the localstatedir option
wasn’t supported to begin with, this is an oversight that I could have avoided.

I’m sending a second version with the localstatedir support and your updated
tests.

Thanks,
Noé

Noé Lopez (2):
  pack: Support localstatedir in AppImage format.
  build: pack: Fix unexpected type in assert-utf8-local.

 guix/build/pack.scm   |  2 +-
 guix/scripts/pack.scm | 13 ++++++++++-
 tests/pack.scm        | 51 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++---------------
 3 files changed, 46 insertions(+), 20 deletions(-)

base-commit: bb8a6f0ac47296d3a18e1e0a26ea3a833eb77c4a
prerequisite-patch-id: f3798629973582541e158d322c1a461038c657b8
-- 
2.46.0