Subject: bug#74668: closed ([PATCH 0/2] Golang build-system adjustments.)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2025 18:53:03 +0000

Your bug report

#74668: [PATCH 0/2] Golang build-system adjustments.

which was filed against the guix-patches package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
74668: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=74668
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: [PATCH 0/2] Golang build-system adjustments.
From: Sharlatan Hellseher <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2025 18:51:52 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Merged with go-team to master

Subject: [PATCH 0/2] Golang build-system adjustments.
From: Sharlatan Hellseher <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Sharlatan Hellseher <[email-masked]>, Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2024 11:44:45 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Guixers!

While working on golang refresh and shift tasks I've faced with cases when all
tests files are located in subdirs and can't be run with current
implementation - #:test-subdirs provides missing option to bypass that
limitation, it set to "..." by default allowing to run all available tests,
and accepts a list of directories to resolve cicles or failinng tests in
sbubdirs.

It simplifies pacakges by removing customr check phases this:o
--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
...
          (replace 'check
            (lambda* (#:key tests? import-path #:allow-other-keys)
              (when tests?
                (with-directory-excursion (string-append "src/" import-path)
                  (invoke "go" "test" "-v" "./..."))))))))
...
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
          (replace 'check
            (lambda* (#:key tests? import-path #:allow-other-keys)
              (when tests?
                (with-directory-excursion (string-append "src/" import-path)
                  (invoke "go" "test" "-v"
                          ;; acme - cycle with go-golang-org-x-net
                          "./argon2/..."
                          "./bcrypt/..."
                          "./blake2b/..."
                          "./blake2s/..."
                          "./blowfish/..."
                          "./bn256/..."
                          "./cast5/..."
                          "./chacha20/..."
                          "./chacha20poly1305/..."
                          "./cryptobyte/..."
                          "./curve25519/..."
                          "./ed25519/..."
                          "./hkdf/..."
                          "./internal/..."
                          "./md4/..."
                          "./nacl/..."
                          "./ocsp/..."
                          "./openpgp/..."
                          "./otr/..."
                          "./pbkdf2/..."
                          "./pkcs12/..."
                          "./poly1305/..."
                          "./ripemd160/..."
                          "./salsa20/..."
                          "./scrypt/..."
                          "./sha3/..."
                          "./ssh/..."
                          "./tea/..."
                          "./twofish/..."
                          "./x509roots/..."
                          "./xtea/..."
                          "./xts/..."))))))))
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

I've applied it on go-team branch locally and started resolving missing inputs
where required.

The second adjustments is to make "-x" build flag optional which does not help
to resolve build fails and produces a massive log output in most of my cases
not helping at all.

Unfortunatly, go-team contains not too many active members. 

CC: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>,
Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]>

Sharlatan Hellseher (2):
  build: go-build-system: Relax build verbosity.
  build-system/go: Add test-subdirs option key.

 guix/build-system/go.scm       |  4 +++
 guix/build/go-build-system.scm | 58 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++-------
 2 files changed, 50 insertions(+), 12 deletions(-)

base-commit: d97a67d41de142c0fbdba55e96bfc147482bfae2
prerequisite-patch-id: 7c60aacd825ea1fd299462d1ae31beb34902fbaf
prerequisite-patch-id: 5136c6924ea61be099691eb9b0c227936a08954a
prerequisite-patch-id: 47fb416de83dc133d647e3e07a5c398391336eb1
prerequisite-patch-id: 760115bac637e5f39738d82ed16232c8792a8f82
prerequisite-patch-id: f8b63ec4ec753bcc2c3a6022abaf47146e454a72
prerequisite-patch-id: 2d5e20587944fe26b277509396dabd362bf8105c
prerequisite-patch-id: 016a80d28a5a0135ebed61b6b5acc460f6c43b32
prerequisite-patch-id: e5f81823c9ea1b93abf1f3fec60e695d16909a06
prerequisite-patch-id: 8badae173015a65a237c45b42241e36355e9f2c1
prerequisite-patch-id: af090660b016e08b3612bee7ca2125bb0e1d00b2
prerequisite-patch-id: 294de506884b2b150eba248b4a1731de95d50176
prerequisite-patch-id: 8ed8c96cf2383811b66abe15f6fa9af73689b94c
prerequisite-patch-id: 6dd547d424e4eeb99715847136b3fad7f566d9fa
prerequisite-patch-id: ff3892aa0acc89208f4eba1f0866f8da01d1cb21
prerequisite-patch-id: 3a9c1b8c45bb320815892e512fdf3271ea9c8f0f
prerequisite-patch-id: 526f9ea0e83f7479ac37679b69f9ad18c38e9234
prerequisite-patch-id: ad91b786810c1a4c13d2d39e0eb51d0932f1060c
prerequisite-patch-id: e74404537a20ed352985299432056116f2d8881b
prerequisite-patch-id: 0aae6b4b352a367bd8770075b16547c060262e34
prerequisite-patch-id: 0b485c3a7c266118cdafc3b30aebd704b1018af7
prerequisite-patch-id: add3eb95e39cd65a47e86d74909f822e4fcbd542
prerequisite-patch-id: 98487d900da05e0a4f39bb28036918afa76e1d9a
prerequisite-patch-id: dedc1426c51db76f30ddd92a8ed04e1793f7839c
prerequisite-patch-id: e7606e328c545a4db40d37ca3aa5f99c0b4287f8
prerequisite-patch-id: 63fa87ba5ddf33561784e25199d605aa0b18133e
prerequisite-patch-id: 04fe1403ea43cfbeeabbd87ee9b6707c64101c07
prerequisite-patch-id: 3f7cf90125fd223507087c94a92aa16dba2662f2
prerequisite-patch-id: e763a43853180ad952fc5eaeb60e4ef2762f6d3f
prerequisite-patch-id: 284d08f1257d7e6c69e46b9e7fee165fa1aa5b07
prerequisite-patch-id: 0ebe96fd52cc9140b53b17046b2aa2b6969a6e2c
prerequisite-patch-id: 87339b708e38828f9a1769b3f2740f328a9bb59b
prerequisite-patch-id: f3698965b06dbb73c6b702c22830a7e400b8b765
prerequisite-patch-id: 6d464271ac1083b7f303d3ac75963a7bf91e8ce0
prerequisite-patch-id: 93d8965a1a7a4110eb7348d43df9fb39899df5cc
prerequisite-patch-id: 1bb520f9ad8cc64b07041ccea8ffb6ad51fea4a7
prerequisite-patch-id: d6c45d0b7fd5a8a744f560c1ee24e90e63546196
prerequisite-patch-id: d11dbd6a272b78c06b2373196897bd02da491e66
prerequisite-patch-id: aa2d3d94d3cebd23780c0785098e728080a25063
prerequisite-patch-id: 5e76884b7109e88da98532ec66c469b39335c14d
prerequisite-patch-id: dfaa606ac8721e076b9870eca03721b731e3cc65
prerequisite-patch-id: 26a9585f84c5be0cf6ac60eeab3f62e2c1b59a32
prerequisite-patch-id: 790109ae7b8db35051f0532fb9820cc794f6e90e
prerequisite-patch-id: cdcb8df8b8060543aeb46727c6097640784c5f77
prerequisite-patch-id: cef60c111cfd4c7c77b8402196710a334ed4244a
prerequisite-patch-id: 6801272b174236af0bb5a94be1e105887f525660
prerequisite-patch-id: 3d03b39da9fcc5961b7672ea82784d68512cc9ef
prerequisite-patch-id: 56410b64255826975d87f89c6bca96d96b3bddfa
prerequisite-patch-id: 455428488cdc812b099c8a0aed3763632dbdc60c
prerequisite-patch-id: 66d83739e60670e4a0bd3db34199da0346e84062
prerequisite-patch-id: cb91e8091b251ad54b16ab0c26145ec1e3207cd9
prerequisite-patch-id: 2b1d8e54b873c0c373a5c1fd3117a73c5c9df7a5
prerequisite-patch-id: 4a31a50b43fa9275f7f7801e658d593fe48798a4
prerequisite-patch-id: 43d9065cfb585329af82ff9b7510896ed5be6ea5
prerequisite-patch-id: 0742f873787eafc96b5bf2711e1ff19bc2c55970
prerequisite-patch-id: 0620608a1dfe736dc00327ee00b8bc9b24d374ae
-- 
2.46.0