Subject: Re: [bug#74667] [PATCH v2] doc: Add note on nsncd as a replacement for nscd.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2024 12:10:02 +0100

Lars Bilke <[email-masked]> skribis:

> * doc/guix.texi Add note on nsncd in Name Service Switch section.
>
> Change-Id: Ib804ab2e7d83d13f8f81d875f957eae2304eb232

Applied with the changes below, thanks!

Ludo'.

diff --git a/doc/guix.texi b/doc/guix.texi
index 66ea834934..ca74afa3ce 100644
--- a/doc/guix.texi
+++ b/doc/guix.texi
@@ -1824,9 +1824,10 @@ Application Setup
 files are loaded in the @command{nscd} process, not in applications
 themselves.
 
+@cindex nsncd, replacement for nscd
 Note that @command{nscd} is no longer provided on some GNU/Linux
-distros, such as Arch Linux (as of Dec. 2024).  @command{nsncd} can beu
-sed as a drop-in-replacement.  See
+distros, such as Arch Linux (as of Dec. 2024).  @command{nsncd} can be
+used as a drop-in-replacement.  See
 @uref{https://github.com/twosigma/nsncd, the nsncd repository} and
 @uref{https://flokli.de/posts/2022-11-18-nsncd/, this blog post} for
 more information.