Subject: [bug#74654] [PATCH 0/5] Optimize 'all-packages'; add ungrafting manifest

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2024 00:24:20 +0100

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> skribis:

> I’ve set up a jobset, currently building for i686-linux and x86_64-linux
> only:
>
>   https://ci.guix.gnu.org/jobset/ungrafting
>
> Evaluation is still in progress right now.  There are no pending builds
> for these architectures (but 100k builds for aarch64-linux…).

So far it’s a failure, first because of a mistake in how “total
ungrafting” is computed in the manifest (I’ll propose a fix soon), but
more importantly because of references to grafted packages in places
other than package inputs, specifically in ‘rust-ring-0.16-sources’ &
co.: these references escape package rewriting, and thus the
computational ungrafting process doesn’t yield the same result as
manually ungrafting the source.

To be continued…

(I’ve disabled the jobset for now.)

Ludo’.