Subject: bug#7464: 24.0.50; mouse highlighting vanishes upon unsplitting window

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2012 05:55:25 +0200

> From: Stephen Berman <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 22:46:44 +0100
> 
> >                              Again, since this isn't a regression wrt
> > Emacs 23, I will not install it now unless Chong and Stefan decide I
> > should.
> 
> According to my observations it is a regression, though I don't know why
> your observations differ from mine.  Does your patch also fix Emacs 23
> for you?

I didn't try.

> why do I not see the bug in Emacs 23?  (And why does Chong Yidong
> not see it in Emacs 24?)

I don't know.  I can describe in detail what I saw in the debugger and
where, and then you and Chong could step through the same places and
see what, if anything, is different for you there.