Subject: Re: bug#7464: 24.0.50; mouse highlighting vanishes upon unsplitting window

From: Stephen Berman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2012 16:01:19 +0200

On Sat, 31 Mar 2012 08:56:00 +0300 Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Can you show a backtrace in a few instances when the breakpoint inside
> cancel_mouse_face breaks?  I think these calls are those that keep the
> highlighting from being wiped out in the GTK build.

I've attached two backtraces.  The first backtrace was produced
immediately after typing `r -q', with execution breaking before the
frame appeared.  The second backtrace was produced after the second
break, when the frame appeared with the menu and tool bars but no scroll
bar or text.  This backtrace and subsequent (essentially identical) ones
included no Lisp backtrace.  At the third break, the scroll bar
appeared; the backtrace is the same as the second one.  Continuing after
that, the splash screen appeared and execution reverted to the command
loop.  I then typed C-x 2 and execution broke four times to split the
window and redisplay the scroll bars.  Then C-x 1 with the mouse pointer
over a link text, showing highlighting (which remained after
continuing), the execution breaking once.  Each of these breaks produced
the same backtrace, essentially like the second one, but without the
call to x_scroll_bar_create and with a much larger level_stack in the
redisplay_window frame.

Steve Berman