Subject: bug#74638: closed (Re: bug#74638: [PATCH] Fix grammatical error in trouble.texi)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2024 12:36:02 +0000

Your bug report

#74638: [PATCH] Fix grammatical error in trouble.texi

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
74638: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=74638
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#74638: [PATCH] Fix grammatical error in trouble.texi
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Daniel Martín <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2024 14:35:02 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> Date: Sun, 01 Dec 2024 22:34:25 +0100
> From:  Daniel Martín via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs,
>  the Swiss army knife of text editors" <[email-masked]>
> 
> This patch fixes a small grammatical error in the "Sending Patches for
> GNU Emacs" section of the Emacs manual.

Thanks, I fixed the wording there a bit differently.

Closing.

Subject: [PATCH] Fix grammatical error in trouble.texi
From: Daniel Martín <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 01 Dec 2024 22:34:25 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Tags: patch

This patch fixes a small grammatical error in the "Sending Patches for
GNU Emacs" section of the Emacs manual.

In GNU Emacs 29.3 (build 1, aarch64-apple-darwin21.6.0, NS
 appkit-2113.60 Version 12.6.6 (Build 21G646)) of 2024-03-24 built on
 armbob.lan
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2487
System Description:  macOS 14.4.1

Configured using:
 'configure --with-ns '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
 Support/Emacs/${version}/site-lisp:/Library/Application
 Support/Emacs/site-lisp' --with-modules 'CFLAGS=-DFD_SETSIZE=10000
 -DDARWIN_UNLIMITED_SELECT' --with-x-toolkit=no'

>From 5003bfaf00323c07769429b6a7c9a8ca73195582 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: =?UTF-8?q?Daniel=20Mart=C3=ADn?= <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2024 22:28:08 +0100
Subject: [PATCH] Fix grammatical error in trouble.texi

* doc/emacs/trouble.texi (Sending Patches): Fix a small grammatical
error.
---
 doc/emacs/trouble.texi | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/doc/emacs/trouble.texi b/doc/emacs/trouble.texi
index 2e2ee2dc961..ede0e01ed22 100644
--- a/doc/emacs/trouble.texi
+++ b/doc/emacs/trouble.texi
@@ -1255,7 +1255,7 @@ Sending Patches
 
 If you make two changes for separate reasons, then we might not want
 to install them both.  We might want to install just one, or install
-each one in a different versions of Emacs.  If you send them all
+each one in different versions of Emacs.  If you send them all
 jumbled together in a single set of diffs, we have to do extra work to
 disentangle them---to figure out which parts of the change serve which
 purpose.  If we don't have time for this, we might have to postpone
-- 
2.42.0