Subject: bug#74636: closed (Re: bug#74636: 31.0.50; Add missing permanent-local to tutorial.el)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2025 01:56:02 +0000

Your bug report

#74636: 31.0.50; Add missing permanent-local to tutorial.el

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
74636: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=74636
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#74636: 31.0.50; Add missing permanent-local to tutorial.el
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Cc: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2025 19:55:46 -0600
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Date: Sun, 01 Dec 2024 17:35:15 +0100
>> From:  Manuel Giraud via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs,
>>  the Swiss army knife of text editors" <[email-masked]>
>>
>> I forgot to make a variable permanent-local in a8169bee206.  This
>> prevent restarting the tutorial at the correct position.
>
> Thanks, installed on master.

I'm therefore closing this bug report.

Subject: 31.0.50; Add missing permanent-local to tutorial.el
From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 01 Dec 2024 17:35:15 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

I forgot to make a variable permanent-local in a8169bee206.  This
prevent restarting the tutorial at the correct position.

>From 8beb4a04108a7fcdda7d515d3f6d6498a5e06c51 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2024 17:25:24 +0100
Subject: [PATCH] Add one missing permanent-local from a8169bee206

* lisp/tutorial.el (tutorial--point-after-chkeys): Make it
permanent-local.
---
 lisp/tutorial.el | 1 +
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+)

diff --git a/lisp/tutorial.el b/lisp/tutorial.el
index 86537d995fe..f98aff167d2 100644
--- a/lisp/tutorial.el
+++ b/lisp/tutorial.el
@@ -655,6 +655,7 @@ tutorial--starting-point
 (put 'tutorial--starting-point 'permanent-local t)
 (put 'tutorial--lang 'permanent-local t)
 (put 'tutorial--point-before-chkeys 'permanent-local t)
+(put 'tutorial--point-after-chkeys 'permanent-local t)
 
 (defun tutorial--save-on-kill ()
   "Query the user about saving the tutorial when killing Emacs."
-- 
2.47.0

In GNU Emacs 31.0.50 (build 15, x86_64-unknown-openbsd7.6, X toolkit) of
 2024-12-01 built on computer
Repository revision: 767bef2e8355c1e3ac514fa1f3a342a36f643316
Repository branch: mgi/new-rsvg
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101014
System Description: OpenBSD computer 7.6 GENERIC.MP#458 amd64

Configured using:
 'configure CC=egcc CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include
 LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib MAKEINFO=gmakeinfo --prefix=/home/manuel/emacs
 --bindir=/home/manuel/bin --with-x-toolkit=lucid
 --with-toolkit-scroll-bars=no --without-cairo
 --without-compress-install'

Configured features:
DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG LCMS2 LIBOTF
LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE PDUMPER PNG RSVG SQLITE3 THREADS
TIFF TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XAW3D XDBE XFT XIM XINPUT2 XPM LUCID ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_CTYPE: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Group

Minor modes in effect:
  gnus-topic-mode: t
  debbugs-browse-mode: t
  bug-reference-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  display-battery-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  exwm-randr-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  gnus-undo-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  repeat-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.32/exwm
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-xsettings hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.32/exwm-xsettings
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-xim hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.32/exwm-xim
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-workspace hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.32/exwm-workspace
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-randr hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.32/exwm-randr
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-manage hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.32/exwm-manage
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-layout hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.32/exwm-layout
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-input hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.32/exwm-input
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-floating hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.32/exwm-floating
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-systemtray hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.32/exwm-systemtray
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-core hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.32/exwm-core
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-background hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.32/exwm-background
/home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/ada-mode-8.1.0/prj hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/gpr-query-1.0.4/prj
/home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/ef-themes-1.9.0/theme-loaddefs hides /home/manuel/emacs/share/emacs/31.0.50/lisp/theme-loaddefs

Features:
(shadow emacsbug dabbrev two-column tramp-cache time-stamp tramp-sh
shortdoc comp-common help-fns radix-tree pulse tutorial pcmpl-git
flow-fill mailalias smtpmail sort gnus-cite mail-extr textsec
uni-scripts idna-mapping ucs-normalize uni-confusable textsec-check
gnus-async gnus-bcklg qp gnus-ml gnus-topic mm-archive url-cache utf-7
imap rfc2104 nndoc nndraft nnmh network-stream nnfolder nnml gnus-agent
gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual nntp gnus-cache nnrss
smerge-mode diff misearch multi-isearch org-agenda cus-start on-screen
reveal tar-mode make-mode conf-mode css-mode sgml-mode facemenu imenu
erlang tempo align whitespace org-indent oc-basic org-element
org-persist org-id org-element-ast inline avl-tree ol-eww eww vtable
mule-util url-queue mm-url ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus
nnselect ol-docview doc-view filenotify jka-compr image-mode exif
ol-bibtex bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi org-link-doi gnus-icalendar
org-capture org-refile org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp
org-macro org-src sh-script smie treesit executable ob-comint
org-pcomplete org-list org-footnote org-faces org-entities org-version
ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-cycle org-table ol org-fold
org-fold-core org-keys oc org-loaddefs org-compat org-macs gnus-dired
vc-dir ewoc view vc-hg vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs
log-view log-edit add-log pcvs-util macrostep-c cmacexp vc-git diff-mode
track-changes vc vc-dispatcher debbugs-browse bug-reference time battery
desktop frameset exwm-randr xcb-randr exwm exwm-input xcb-keysyms
xcb-xkb exwm-manage exwm-floating xcb-cursor xcb-render exwm-layout
exwm-workspace exwm-core xcb-ewmh xcb-icccm xcb xcb-xproto xcb-types
xcb-debug server ef-kassio-theme ef-themes modus-operandi-theme
modus-themes zone speed-type url-http url-auth url-gw nsm ytdious
mpdired transmission color calc-bin calc-ext calc calc-loaddefs rect
calc-macs supercite regi ebdb-gnus gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015
mm-view mml-smime smime gnutls dig gnus-sum shr pixel-fill kinsoku
url-file svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus xml
gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int
gnus-range gnus-win ebdb-message message yank-media puny rfc822 mml
mml-sec epa epg rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 gmm-utils mailheader ebdb-mua ebdb-com crm
ebdb-format ebdb mailabbrev eieio-opt speedbar ezimage dframe find-func
eieio-base timezone icalendar gnus nnheader gnus-util range sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils web-mode
derived disp-table erlang-start skeleton cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess
cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs slime-asdf
grep slime-tramp tramp rx trampver tramp-integration files-x
tramp-message tramp-compat xdg shell pcomplete parse-time iso8601
time-date format-spec tramp-loaddefs slime-fancy slime-indentation
slime-cl-indent cl-indent slime-trace-dialog slime-fontifying-fu
slime-package-fu slime-references slime-compiler-notes-tree advice
slime-scratch slime-presentations bridge slime-macrostep macrostep
compat slime-mdot-fu slime-enclosing-context slime-fuzzy
slime-fancy-trace slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c
slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc slime-repl slime-parse slime
apropos compile text-property-search etags fileloop generator xref
project arc-mode archive-mode noutline outline comint ansi-osc
ansi-color ring hyperspec thingatpt elec-pair edmacro kmacro
use-package-bind-key bind-key appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-menu
calendar cal-loaddefs pcase dired-x dired-aux dired dired-loaddefs
use-package-core repeat easy-mmode cus-edit pp cus-load wid-edit
ada-mode-autoloads debbugs-autoloads ebdb-autoloads cl-extra help-mode
ef-themes-autoloads exwm-autoloads gpr-query-autoloads
gnat-compiler-autoloads guru-mode-autoloads hyperbole-autoloads
kotl-autoloads hact set hhist on-screen-autoloads osm-autoloads
pdf-tools-autoloads rust-mode-autoloads slime-autoloads
macrostep-autoloads speed-type-autoloads svg-clock-autoloads
tablist-autoloads transmission-autoloads uniquify-files-autoloads info
wisi-autoloads xelb-autoloads ytdious-autoloads package browse-url url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs icons password-cache json
subr-x map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib
rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd touch-screen tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode
register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind kqueue lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty move-toolbar
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1141929 441990) (symbols 48 74977 40)
 (strings 32 305072 15623) (string-bytes 1 9883016)
 (vectors 16 183811) (vector-slots 8 2616083 132290)
 (floats 8 745 775) (intervals 56 27212 2174) (buffers 992 174))

-- 
Manuel Giraud