Subject: bug#74632: ‘guix publish’ crashes with “Signals delivery fails constantly”

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2024 18:29:19 +0100

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> skribis:

> ‘guix publish’ on ci.guix regularly crashes with SIGABRT and gets
> respawned:
>
> 2024-12-01 15:32:36 GET /qzqxm94y500p94sx8k3l2qqd8i8dgcvc.narinfo
> 2024-12-01 15:32:36 -> GET /qzqxm94y500p94sx8k3l2qqd8i8dgcvc.narinfo: 404
> 2024-12-01 15:32:36 GET /w8i2h8wngb8zd7lxf1siw6w1qfj94zmb.narinfo
> 2024-12-01 15:32:36 -> GET /w8i2h8wngb8zd7lxf1siw6w1qfj94zmb.narinfo: 404
> 2024-12-01 15:32:52 Signals delivery fails constantly at GC #284
> 2024-12-01 15:32:52 Signals delivery fails constantly

I pushed a workaround in maintenance.git commit
620a826903c5aa46fa892b07e7ccda6d03420ca4 and have now deployed it on
berlin.

The workaround set GC_RETRY_SIGNALS=0 in the environment of ‘guix
publish’, similar to what Chris did for the Coordinator:
<https://issues.guix.gnu.org/63368>.

Ludo’.