Subject: bug#74630: 31.0.50; emacs-mail-verify

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 Dec 2024 00:39:00 -0500

The doc string of `emacs-mail-verify' does not say how it
indicates that the signature is valid, or how it indicates
that the signature is not valid.

Would someone please add that to its doc string?

In GNU Emacs 31.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 2.24.33, cairo version 1.16.0) of 2024-08-01 built on freetop
Repository revision: a2c439db687774f7b57959c39560993579c5d1bd
Repository branch: master
System Description: Trisquel GNU/Linux Aramo (11.0)

Configured using:
 'configure 'CFLAGS=-O0 -g' --with-gnutls=ifavailable'

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG LIBOTF
LIBSELINUX LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG
SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2
XPM GTK2 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: ELisp/l

Minor modes in effect:
  bug-reference-prog-mode: t
  gpm-mouse-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: linux
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow emacsbug epa-file vc-git diff-mode track-changes easy-mmode
vc-dispatcher bug-reference find-func shortdoc comp-common rx apropos
rmail-spam-filter rmailedit rmailsort undigest help-fns radix-tree
rect jka-compr display-line-numbers novice mule-util cal-move cal-menu
calendar cal-loaddefs mail-extr ffap quail epa-mail etags fileloop
generator xref project rmailkwd cl-extra help-mode shell pcomplete
thingatpt files-x grep compile comint ansi-osc ansi-color ring dabbrev
ispell rmailout mailalias misearch multi-isearch textsec uni-scripts
idna-mapping ucs-normalize uni-confusable textsec-check shr pixel-fill
kinsoku url-file svg xml dom qp rmailmm message sendmail yank-media
puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg epg-config gnus-util
text-property-search time-date mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader mail-parse rfc2231 dired-aux dired
dired-loaddefs t-mouse term/linux view derived disp-table advice
rmailsum rmail rfc6068 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr
mail-utils finder-inf info osm-autoloads package browse-url url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs icons password-cache json
subr-x map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs
cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd touch-screen tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch
easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple
cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button
loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote threads
dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo gtk x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty
move-toolbar make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 622712 118122) (symbols 48 15101 10)
 (strings 32 79308 9073) (string-bytes 1 1459899) (vectors 16 57657)
 (vector-slots 8 1411286 252804) (floats 8 142 345)
 (intervals 56 69856 759) (buffers 984 77))
[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman (https://stallman.org)
Chief GNUisance of the GNU Project (https://gnu.org)
Founder, Free Software Foundation (https://fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org)