Subject: Re: bug#74616: 30.0.92; tmm always displays the *Completions* buffer

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2024 14:32:11 +0200

> From: Daniel Mendler <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2024 21:32:49 +0100
> 
> > Does this deserve a NEWS entry?
> 
> I've added a :version tag to the defcustom and expanded the docstring.
> Furthermore the commit message includes the bug numbers and there is a
> NEWS entry. See the updated patch attached to this mail.

Thanks.  This LGTM (but let's leave some time for others to chime in),
with the following nit:

> ++++
> +*** New user option 'completion-eager-display'.
> +This option configures whether completion commands should display
> +the *Completions* buffer immediately.  When the variable is set to t all
> +completion commands show *Completions* immediately, respectively nil
> +disables the eager display for all commands. The default setting auto
                                              ^^
Two spaces there, please.