Subject: [bug#74609] [PATCH 00/21] mono bootstrap

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2024 12:03:17 +0100

Hi Efraim,

Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]> skribis:

> It turns out the first 2 patches didn't apply cleanly, so I fixed that
> up and I'm sending them back to the list.
>
> A couple of things that I noticed:
>
> * mono-5.something doesn't have its patches apply cleanly
> * I was only able to build to mono-3.12 before I got a build failure on
> x86_64

Oh, that looks like half of the chain.  Could you share the error with
unmush?  Does it fail reproducibly?

> * mono-1.2.6 doesn't have support for aarch64 or riscv64, and will
> probably need some patches (later) to add support.
> * libjit FTBFS on powerpc64le. I tried working around it but wasn't
> successful in when it came to using libjit.
> * The assembly included in libjit targets a too-early version of arm, so
> it is just broken completely on armhf and would probably do best with it
> being ripped out.

Regarding architecture support, that’s fine: we can add a suitably
restrictive ‘supported-systems’ field and improve platform coverage
if/when patches are available.

Thanks,
Ludo’.