Subject: Re: [bug#74609] [PATCH] Adding a fully-bootstrapped mono

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2024 08:47:03 +0100

Hi,

unmush <[email-masked]> skribis:

> We used to have a mono package, but it was removed due to includingbootstrap binaries (among others).  This patch series introduces a full,
> 17-mono-package sequence that takes us from a mono-1.2.6 built fully
> from source to mono-6.12.0 built fully from source, using only packages
> that already have full bootstrap paths.  I make no promise that this is
> the shortest or most optimal path, but it exists and I have verified it
> works.
>
> As I've spent what is probably an unreasonable amount of time working
> toward this, I thought I'd share some of my thoughts, experiences, and
> commentary.  Sorry in advance if it gets a bit rambly or lecture-ish.

I join others in congratulating you!  This is very impressive, and a
great step forward.

I’ll make time to review and apply those patches if nobody beats me at it.

Thank you!

Ludo’.