Subject: bug#74606: closed (Re: bug#74606: 31.0.50; Another rsvg API change)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 01 Dec 2024 14:56:02 +0000

Your bug report

#74606: 31.0.50; Another rsvg API change

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
74606: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=74606
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#74606: 31.0.50; Another rsvg API change
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 01 Dec 2024 16:55:01 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Sun, 01 Dec 2024 14:09:26 +0100
> 
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> >> Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2024 17:42:19 +0100
> >> From:  Manuel Giraud via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs,
> >>  the Swiss army knife of text editors" <[email-masked]>
> >> 
> >> This is not a bug (yet) per se but here is a new warning I get from
> >> compiling Emacs with librsvg version 2.59.2:
> >> 
> >>   CC       image.o
> >> image.c: In function 'svg_load_image':
> >> image.c:12360:3: warning: 'rsvg_handle_get_pixbuf' is deprecated: Use 'rsvg_handle_get_pixbuf_and_error' instead [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
> >> 12360 |   pixbuf = rsvg_handle_get_pixbuf (rsvg_handle);
> >>       |   ^~~~~~
> >> In file included from /usr/local/include/librsvg-2.0/librsvg/rsvg.h:1332,
> >>                  from image.c:11652:
> >> /usr/local/include/librsvg-2.0/librsvg/rsvg-pixbuf.h:55:12: note: declared here
> >>    55 | GdkPixbuf *rsvg_handle_get_pixbuf (RsvgHandle *handle);
> >>       |            ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> >
> > The way to fix this is to add code conditioned on librsvg version that
> > uses rsvg_handle_get_pixbuf_and_error when available.
> 
> Ok.  According to this:
> https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/librsvg/-/blob/main/include/librsvg/rsvg-pixbuf.h?ref_type=heads#L52
> 
> this API is deprecated since 2.58 so here is the patch for this change.

Thanks, installed on the emacs-30 branch, and closing the bug.

Subject: 31.0.50; Another rsvg API change
From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2024 17:42:19 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

This is not a bug (yet) per se but here is a new warning I get from
compiling Emacs with librsvg version 2.59.2:

  CC       image.o
image.c: In function 'svg_load_image':
image.c:12360:3: warning: 'rsvg_handle_get_pixbuf' is deprecated: Use 'rsvg_handle_get_pixbuf_and_error' instead [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
12360 |   pixbuf = rsvg_handle_get_pixbuf (rsvg_handle);
      |   ^~~~~~
In file included from /usr/local/include/librsvg-2.0/librsvg/rsvg.h:1332,
                 from image.c:11652:
/usr/local/include/librsvg-2.0/librsvg/rsvg-pixbuf.h:55:12: note: declared here
   55 | GdkPixbuf *rsvg_handle_get_pixbuf (RsvgHandle *handle);
      |            ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In GNU Emacs 31.0.50 (build 4, x86_64-unknown-openbsd7.6, X toolkit) of
 2024-11-29 built on computer
Repository revision: a52ad71cc5d036f1973ff2e504e45992fec3fc04
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101014
System Description: OpenBSD computer 7.6 GENERIC.MP#458 amd64

Configured using:
 'configure CC=egcc CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include
 LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib MAKEINFO=gmakeinfo --prefix=/home/manuel/emacs
 --bindir=/home/manuel/bin --with-x-toolkit=lucid
 --with-toolkit-scroll-bars=no --without-cairo
 --without-compress-install'

Configured features:
DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG LCMS2 LIBOTF
LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE PDUMPER PNG RSVG SQLITE3 THREADS
TIFF TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XAW3D XDBE XFT XIM XINPUT2 XPM LUCID ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_CTYPE: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  display-time-mode: t
  display-battery-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  exwm-randr-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  repeat-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.32/exwm
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-xsettings hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.32/exwm-xsettings
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-xim hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.32/exwm-xim
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-workspace hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.32/exwm-workspace
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-randr hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.32/exwm-randr
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-manage hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.32/exwm-manage
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-layout hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.32/exwm-layout
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-input hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.32/exwm-input
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-floating hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.32/exwm-floating
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-systemtray hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.32/exwm-systemtray
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-core hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.32/exwm-core
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-background hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.32/exwm-background
/home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/ada-mode-8.1.0/prj hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/gpr-query-1.0.4/prj
/home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/ef-themes-1.9.0/theme-loaddefs hides /home/manuel/emacs/share/emacs/31.0.50/lisp/theme-loaddefs

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug org-agenda cus-start on-screen
org-indent autoconf autoconf-mode oc-basic org-element org-persist
org-id org-element-ast inline avl-tree ol-eww ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc
ol-info ol-gnus nnselect ol-docview doc-view filenotify image-mode exif
ol-bibtex bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi org-link-doi gnus-icalendar
org-capture org-refile org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp
org-macro org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete org-list org-footnote
org-faces org-entities org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval
org-cycle org-table ol org-fold org-fold-core org-keys oc org-loaddefs
org-compat org-macs reveal jka-compr tar-mode view conf-mode css-mode
sgml-mode facemenu imenu eww vtable mule-util url-queue mm-url sh-script
smie treesit executable vc-hg vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn erlang tempo
align vc-dir ewoc whitespace macrostep-c cmacexp vc-git diff-mode
track-changes gnus-dired vc-cvs vc-rcs log-view log-edit add-log
pcvs-util vc vc-dispatcher debbugs-browse bug-reference make-mode time
battery desktop frameset exwm-randr xcb-randr exwm exwm-input
xcb-keysyms xcb-xkb exwm-manage exwm-floating xcb-cursor xcb-render
exwm-layout exwm-workspace exwm-core xcb-ewmh xcb-icccm xcb xcb-xproto
xcb-types xcb-debug server ef-kassio-theme ef-themes
modus-operandi-theme modus-themes zone speed-type url-http url-auth
url-gw nsm ytdious mpdired transmission color calc-bin calc-ext calc
calc-loaddefs rect calc-macs supercite regi ebdb-gnus gnus-msg gnus-art
mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime gnutls dig gnus-sum shr pixel-fill
kinsoku url-file svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus
xml gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int
gnus-range gnus-win ebdb-message message yank-media puny rfc822 mml
mml-sec epa epg rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 gmm-utils mailheader ebdb-mua ebdb-com crm
ebdb-format ebdb mailabbrev eieio-opt speedbar ezimage dframe find-func
eieio-base timezone icalendar gnus nnheader gnus-util range sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils web-mode
derived disp-table erlang-start skeleton cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess
cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs slime-asdf
grep slime-tramp tramp rx trampver tramp-integration files-x
tramp-message tramp-compat xdg shell pcomplete parse-time iso8601
time-date format-spec tramp-loaddefs slime-fancy slime-indentation
slime-cl-indent cl-indent slime-trace-dialog slime-fontifying-fu
slime-package-fu slime-references slime-compiler-notes-tree advice
slime-scratch slime-presentations bridge slime-macrostep macrostep
compat slime-mdot-fu slime-enclosing-context slime-fuzzy
slime-fancy-trace slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c
slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc slime-repl slime-parse slime
apropos compile text-property-search etags fileloop generator xref
project arc-mode archive-mode noutline outline comint ansi-osc
ansi-color ring hyperspec thingatpt elec-pair edmacro kmacro
use-package-bind-key bind-key appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-menu
calendar cal-loaddefs pcase dired-x dired-aux dired dired-loaddefs
use-package-core repeat easy-mmode cus-edit pp cus-load wid-edit
ada-mode-autoloads debbugs-autoloads ebdb-autoloads cl-extra help-mode
ef-themes-autoloads exwm-autoloads gpr-query-autoloads
gnat-compiler-autoloads guru-mode-autoloads hyperbole-autoloads
kotl-autoloads hact set hhist on-screen-autoloads osm-autoloads
pdf-tools-autoloads rust-mode-autoloads slime-autoloads
macrostep-autoloads speed-type-autoloads svg-clock-autoloads
tablist-autoloads transmission-autoloads uniquify-files-autoloads info
wisi-autoloads xelb-autoloads ytdious-autoloads package browse-url url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs icons password-cache json
subr-x map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib
rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd touch-screen tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode
register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind kqueue lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty move-toolbar
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 964347 636120) (symbols 48 54773 7)
 (strings 32 259457 38112) (string-bytes 1 6534665)
 (vectors 16 155489) (vector-slots 8 2164039 45468) (floats 8 604 125)
 (intervals 56 24628 204) (buffers 992 167))

-- 
Manuel Giraud