Subject: bug#74590: 31.0.50 [scratch/igc branch]; key input sometimes skip fcitx input method preedit box

From: Yikai Zhao <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2025 12:28:40 +0800

Hi,

On Thu, Feb 6, 2025 at 8:18 AM Pip Cet <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> "Yikai Zhao" <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> > Here attached the relevant output of "xscope".
>
> I know this must be inconvenient,

No problem at all.

> but can you try to check whether the
> bug has resolved itself in the meantime?  I'm not a hundred percent
> certain that the recent X changes might have had an effect, but there
> was an issue with X popup menus, so maybe...

I just quickly tested with the newest version of feature/igc and it
does seem to have resolved the issue! I will now try to use this mps
version as my daily driver and see if it's completely resolved or just
reduced the probability. (Previously I switched back to master from
the mps version because of this bug. Now I can continue to daily test
the mps version. yeah)  I will let you know the result in a day or
two.

Thanks for your help!

Yikai