Subject: Re: bug#7459: 23.2; "Salutation" should not actually be included in bug mails

From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 01:51:08 -0500

Robin Green wrote:

> This bug report will be sent to the Free Software Foundation,
> not to your local site managers!
> Please write in English if possible, because the Emacs maintainers
> usually do not have translators to read other languages for them.
[...]
> I submitted a bug report using M-x org-submit-bug-report.
>
> The so-called "salutation" of a bug report sent via
> reporter-submit-bug-report is - in this case - not useful to those
> who read the email - it is only intended to be read by the person
> *writing* the email. So, it should not be included in the email.

Are you asking for the addition of a general, optional feature to
reporter.el, or asking specifically about Org mode? (Presumably the
former else you would have used... M-x org-submit-bug-report.)

Either way, it is a very low priority request. M-x report-emacs-bug
has supposedly had this feature for a long time, yet people often
defeat it somehow (as you did in this report). It's never seemed very
important.