Subject: Re: bug#7459: 23.2; "Salutation" should not actually be included in bug mails

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2021 20:05:13 +0200

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> But I think we can ensure that this removal happens (more often) if we
> use `kill-transform-function' (for instance) to stop the salutation from
> going to the kill ring in the first place.
>
> On the other hand, this sounds like it might be pretty confusing -- not
> being able to copy the text you're seeing in the buffer.

I had forgotten that these days we use a `display' property for the
salutation, so you can copy it just fine, but (for instance) saving it
to a file makes it go away...

And so does copying and pasting, so I think this basically behaves the
way it's supposed to these days, and I'm closing this bug report.  If
there's still problems in this area, please respond to the debbugs
address and we'll reopen.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no