Subject: Re: [PATCH] gnu: Add pyre.

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2024 10:44:15 +0900

Hi Sharlatan,

Sharlatan Hellseher <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Maxim,
>
> Did you try to import from PyPI? I've gave it a go and with some
> adjustment it may be built with pyproject-build-system as a native python
> library, WDYT?

Yes, that's what I had tried first.  It results in this:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
phase `install' failed after 0.1 seconds
Backtrace:
          13 (primitive-load "/gnu/store/334plx7fz3sgknf9x56cn37h7v2…")
In guix/build/gnu-build-system.scm:
    966:2 12 (gnu-build #:source _ #:outputs _ #:inputs _ #:phases . #)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
  1752:10 11 (with-exception-handler _ _ #:unwind? _ # _)
In srfi/srfi-1.scm:
    634:9 10 (for-each #<procedure 7fffeef9e4e0 at guix/build/gnu-b…> …)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
  1752:10  9 (with-exception-handler _ _ #:unwind? _ # _)
In guix/build/gnu-build-system.scm:
   987:23  8 (_)
In srfi/srfi-1.scm:
    634:9  7 (for-each #<procedure 7ffff790f510 at guix/build/pypro…> …)
In guix/build/pyproject-build-system.scm:
   234:10  6 (_ "/gnu/store/7sd87yqcnl2nws6qa0lww9n8acgnizab-python-…")
    200:6  5 (merge-directories "/gnu/store/7sd87yqcnl2nws6qa0lww9n…" …)
In srfi/srfi-1.scm:
    634:9  4 (for-each #<procedure 7ffff790f420 at guix/build/pypro…> …)
In guix/build/pyproject-build-system.scm:
   204:18  3 (_ "lib")
In unknown file:
           2 (rename-file "/gnu/store/7sd87yqcnl2nws6qa0lww9n8acgni…" …)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
  1685:16  1 (raise-exception _ #:continuable? _)
  1685:16  0 (raise-exception _ #:continuable? _)

ice-9/boot-9.scm:1685:16: In procedure raise-exception:
In procedure rename-file: Directory not empty
build process 18 exited with status 256
builder for `/gnu/store/kxp5q1zbb4acyfz4v6igcddwl87y4av7-python-pyre-1.12.5.drv' failed with exit code 1
build of /gnu/store/kxp5q1zbb4acyfz4v6igcddwl87y4av7-python-pyre-1.12.5.drv failed
View build log at '/var/log/guix/drvs/kx/p5q1zbb4acyfz4v6igcddwl87y4av7-python-pyre-1.12.5.drv'.
guix build: error: build of `/gnu/store/kxp5q1zbb4acyfz4v6igcddwl87y4av7-python-pyre-1.12.5.drv' failed
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

And while that's fixable (see a patch I've sent in #74582), then it'd
fail the validate-runpath phase.  Building from CMake directly appears
to me cleaner than going through the extra abstraction that is scikit,
and doesn't suffer from the previous problems (see the various issues
reported at https://github.com/pyre/pyre/issues by Amtrak's -- that's
me).

I hope that answers the question :-).

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim