Subject: bug#74547: 31.0.50; igc: assertion failed in buffer.c

From: Pip Cet <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 Dec 2024 12:30:28 +0000

Gerd Möllmann <[email-masked]> writes:

> Gerd Möllmann <[email-masked]> writes:
>> Pip Cet <[email-masked]> writes:
>>
>>> I think it's unlikely this particular vector is a closure, FWIW, because
>>> the first slot of a closure vector is always a fixnum.
>>
>> I agree.
>>
>> I've now checked all the possible PVEC types, and the only ones that fit
>> size 6 are normal vectors, closures, or records. I also don't believe
>> that it's a closure because of the fixnum. And records (SQLite) seem a
>> bit unlikely.
>
> Hm, reading Oscar's report again - he was using LSP. Maybe it's
> something in the parser.

You mean the JSON code? Because I'm just looking at that and it doesn't
appear to be protecting its Lisp_Objects at all; but I'm not a hundred
percent sure LSP uses the JSON code.

In either case, we need to fix json.c, I'll try to do that next.

Pip