Subject: [PATCH 0/2] update FreeCAD to 1.0.0 & other misc. enhancements

From: Vincent Legoll <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2024 22:56:48 +0100

This series updates FreeCAD to the recent 1.0.0.

This also unbundles the onsdel-solver, which is added as a separate
package. Some other 3rdparty code is unbundled.

The VTK patch is not required any more, it has been merged upstream
in d0fb2b8b29fe0428d9dd8aa790b0d6e45c8a9516.

This version has been tested a bit (through a guix pack, transplanted
onto another distribution): created some geometry, meshed & exported
as STL.

The UI has been modified, but overall the experience is good,
progress has definitely been made. Kudos to the FreeCAD team.

Vincent Legoll (2):
  gnu: Add ondsel-solver.
  gnu: freecad: Update to 1.0.0.

 gnu/local.mk                               |  1 -
 gnu/packages/engineering.scm               | 50 +++++++++++++++++++---
 gnu/packages/patches/freecad-vtk-9.3.patch | 43 -------------------
 3 files changed, 43 insertions(+), 51 deletions(-)
 delete mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/freecad-vtk-9.3.patch

base-commit: 047967c42f237695d5af2af53321c70f157685a3
-- 
2.46.0