Subject: Re: bug#74535: 30.0.92; partial hang, esp. keyboard events

From: Mike Kupfer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Jan 2025 18:28:46 -0800

Stefan Kangas wrote:

> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> > So I guess we need to wait a few more weeks before we are sure.
> >
> > Thanks.
> 
> That was over 3 weeks ago.  Do we feel more confident now?

I haven't seen the hang again.  I went back to 30.0.92 on Dec 21, after
hacking up a script that uses emacsclient to invoke view-lossage.
(Rather than bisecting by changes to the code, at 4 weeks per iteration,
I thought it might be more effective to try a bisection strategy based
on the flow of data through Emacs.  Depending on what view-lossage tells
me--assuming I ever see the hang again--, I can add hacky logging code
to my builds in whatever place seems appropriate.  FWIW, prior to going
back to 30.0.92, I diffed the changes from 30.0.91 to 30.0.92 and
nothing seemed plausible as a possible cause.)

At this point, I'm fine with calling the bug very rare and moving on.
If it happens again, I'll see what information I can get and update the
bug report.

mike