Subject: bug#74530: closed (Re: bug#74530: 31.0.50; Emacs fails to compile cape package)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2024 11:37:02 +0000

Your bug report

#74530: 31.0.50; Emacs fails to compile cape package

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
74530: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=74530
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#74530: 31.0.50; Emacs fails to compile cape package
From: Sean Whitton <[email-masked]>
To: Osama Rebach <[email-masked]>
Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2024 19:36:45 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

Thanks for confirming.

-- 
Sean Whitton

Subject: 31.0.50; Emacs fails to compile cape package
From: Osama Rebach <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2024 16:07:02 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Emacs (commit: cf3ea44eb56) fails to compile cape (url: https://github.com/minad/cape,
commit: 9a7c44fe8b7).  Reverting commit eb1756a8a55 solves the problem.

Steps to reproduce:

run: emacs -Q

evaluate:
(add-to-list 'load-path "/path/to/cape")
(byte-compile-file "/path/to/cape/cape-char.el")

results:
cape-char.el:132:2: Error: Symbol's function definition is void: internal--with-suppressed-warnings

I can provide the full nix build log, or more information if needed.

In GNU Emacs 31.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
3.24.43, cairo version 1.18.2)
System Description: NixOS 25.05 (Warbler)

Configured using:
 'configure
 --prefix=/nix/store/yffm282zsg0bfgad74m9ihgx2w1i5x0g-emacs-pgtk-31.0.50-20241125102958-89b2f7c
 --disable-build-details --with-modules --with-pgtk
 --with-compress-install --with-toolkit-scroll-bars
 --with-native-compilation --without-imagemagick --with-mailutils
 --without-small-ja-dic --with-tree-sitter --without-xinput2
 --without-xwidgets --with-dbus --with-selinux --disable-gc-mark-trace'

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER
PGTK PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
TREE_SITTER WEBP XIM GTK3 ZLIB