Subject: bug#74524: 29.4; dirtrack-mode

From: Colton Goates <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2024 20:55:37 -0700

In a shell, running a command like the following causes a problem with
dirtrack-mode:

    echo 'Coltons-MacBook-Pro:/Users/coltongoates/software-dev/$'

After running this command, dirtrack thinks I changed to a different
directory based on the output, and it sets the default-directory
variable to the output of the echo command. Thus, the actual working
directory and shell directory are out of sync.

In GNU Emacs 29.4 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin23.4.0) of 2024-10-04
built on Sonoma
System Description:  macOS 15.1.1

Configured using:
'configure --disable-silent-rules
--enable-locallisppath=/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp
--infodir=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs/29.4_1/share/info/emacs
--prefix=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs/29.4_1 --with-gnutls --without-x
--with-xml2 --without-dbus --with-modules --without-ns
--without-imagemagick --without-selinux --with-tree-sitter'

Configured features:
ACL GMP GNUTLS JSON LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE PDUMPER SQLITE3
THREADS TREE_SITTER ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Shell

Minor modes in effect:
  dirtrack-debug-mode: t
  dirtrack-mode: t
  comint-fontify-input-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dnd dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg
rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util text-property-search time-date mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils pp
cl-print cl-extra mode-local find-func thingatpt help-fns radix-tree
help-mode tool-bar misearch multi-isearch vc-git diff-mode easy-mmode
vc-dispatcher pcmpl-unix sh-script rx smie treesit cl-seq cl-loaddefs
cl-lib executable dirtrack files-x shell subr-x pcomplete comint
regexp-opt ansi-osc ansi-color ring term/xterm xterm byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile ls-lisp mwheel rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc
paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer
nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads kqueue multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 80404 8799)
(symbols 48 8210 0)
(strings 32 27749 1825)
(string-bytes 1 749593)
(vectors 16 14814)
(vector-slots 8 174891 10453)
(floats 8 40 600)
(intervals 56 668 0)
(buffers 984 17))