Subject: [bug#74522] [PATCH 20/73] move libgl provider from mesa to libglvnd+mesa

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2024 10:45:30 +0900

Hello,

Is this how Mesa upstream foresees all of its users to use it?  Or is it
just Nvidia's or systems requiring of proprietary nvidia/amd drivers
(non-mesa ones) that benefit from that?

Since even nvidia is moving toward having proper free drivers (coupled
with proprietary firmware blobs...), I wonder if libgl still has value,
especially for a system such as Guix which promotes software freedom.

I haven't researched the question, so I'm asking in case you can shed
light on this matter.

Without looking too much into it yet, perhaps this change could be
mostly automated via some 'git grep -l bmesa | xargs sed
's/\bmesa\b/libgl/' or similar; and could then be committed as a single
change, eschewing the usual GNU ChangeLog format for the command used?
We allow this when the change is a massive and automated (e.g.,
sed-authored) change.

Thank you!

-- 
Maxim