Subject: [bug#74517] [PATCH 0/8] Remove gtk@4 input dependency on qtbase@5.

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2024 11:38:08 +0900

Hi Nicolas,

Nicolas Graves <[email-masked]> writes:

> I found that curious that building gtk@4 inherently requires qtbase@5
> in the store's inputs.  Turns out it's based on a few libraries that
> have optional graphical helping tools.  I've disabled them using
> minimal variants.  After this patch series there are no input-only
> path from gtk@4 to qtbase@5.

I agree that was sub-optimal, thank you for addressing that.  This
actually would resolve #51994 I had reported some time ago ("GTK 4
requires qtbase through various sources (gstreamer plugins)"), so you
(or the person who pushes) should add this as a git trailer:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
Fixes: https://issues.guix.gnu.org/51994
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

and close the associate bug after it's pushed.

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim