Subject: [bug#74505] [PATCH] Update freeciv to version 3.1.3

From: Rodion Goritskov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2024 22:45:08 +0100

Hi Gustavo,

Thank you for the updated patch - it works great now (not a big fan of
freeciv, but at least game starts and sound works fine after selecting
sdl in sound options).

I don't have any comments about the changes in patch.
But I noticed some things to improve in commit messages and patch naming.

Looks like now it is not fully up to the Guix commit style practices.

Lets take a look on some package update commit message example [1]

Commit message first line should be in format:
> gnu: <package name>: Update to <version>

And then in following lines specific changes should be described:

> * gnu/packages/<file>.scm (<package>): Update to <version>
> [inputs]: <change in inputs description>

For broad and detailed commit logs standards you could check GNU Coding
Standards [2]. But examples are easier (:

Also, please send an updated version of the patch with the next
revision, so it would be easier for maintainers to distinct and apply
it.

To do this you could specify the revision 2 in git send-email. You could
find some instructions in documentation [3] at the end of the Single
Patches section.

Also, you could take a look on the mumi CLI tool, it makes working with
patches much easier [4].

Happy hacking!

[1] -
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/commit/?id=af28be202cb2b7fd0fc2e277467304f81c78ab74
[2] -
https://www.gnu.org/prep/standards/html_node/Change-Logs.html#Change-Logs
[3] -
https://guix.gnu.org/manual/devel/en/html_node/Sending-a-Patch-Series.html
[4] - https://guix.gnu.org/manual/devel/en/html_node/Debbugs-User-Interfaces.html#Command_002dLine-Interface