Subject: bug#745: pop-to-buffer, frames, and input focus

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 22:31:01 +0200

> pop-to-buffer doesn't switch input focus with: Sawfish, kwin,
 > metacity, fluxbox, twm.
 > It does with icewm.
 >
 > display-buffer seems to switch focus with: Sawfish, kwin, fluxbox,
 > icewm, twm.

You probably mean display-buffer does _not_ switch focus with these.

 > I still think that display-buffer should neither select the other frame
 > nor give it the input focus.  (Whether the other frame should be raised
 > or not should probably be customizable, but that's a minor issue.)

I agree with you but I'm afraid there were issues with this.  If you
have some spare time please look at the threads starting with

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2006-04/msg00922.html

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2005-11/msg00107.html

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2008-03/msg00946.html

respectively.  At the very least you will find out that you're not
alone.

martin