Subject: bug#74497: closed ([PATCH 00/46] Astro update 2024/11.)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2024 15:20:02 +0000

Your bug report

#74497: [PATCH 00/46] Astro update 2024/11.

which was filed against the guix-patches package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
74497: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=74497
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: [PATCH 00/46] Astro update 2024/11.
From: Sharlatan Hellseher <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2024 15:18:43 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Pushed after excluding cdf and adjusting julia-astroangles.

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
63508a6548 * master local/astro-update gnu: python-gatspy: Adjust inputs.
4181877dcd * gnu: python-yt-astro-analysis: Adjust inputs.
23f282229f * gnu: python-yt: Update to 4.4.0.
f3431988d6 * gnu: python-synphot: Update to 1.5.0.
201a8cd675 * gnu: python-stsynphot: Update to 1.4.0.
c9b72c4ff8 * gnu: python-stdatamodels: Update to 2.1.2.
92c5c79919 * gnu: python-stcal: Update to 1.10.0.
eef2d2caf4 * gnu: python-statmorph: Update to 0.6.0.
3b386a922b * gnu: python-specutils: Update to 1.19.0.
d5bc9a94a1 * gnu: python-sncosmo: Update to 2.11.2.
b34852a4c3 * gnu: python-sep-pjw: Update to 1.3.7.
f9ef0789e2 * gnu: python-roman-datamodels: Update to 0.22.0.
0e199a3113 * gnu: python-reproject: Update to 0.14.1.
36706bbf1d * gnu: python-regularizepsf: Update to 1.0.2.
f2033e78a8 * gnu: python-rad: Update to 0.22.0.
12fcf98071 * gnu: python-pyvo: Update to 1.6.
aeada768d7 * gnu: python-pyerfa: Update to 2.0.1.5.
6d4e17b30c * gnu: python-photutils: Update to 2.0.2.
0da22e85ba * gnu: python-ndcube: Update to 2.2.4.
be82e717c5 * gnu: python-jwst: Update to 1.16.1.
6b705ecf41 * gnu: python-cdflib: Update to 1.3.2.
e8887bee98 * gnu: python-astrodendro: Fix indentation.
20a8dac0b5 * gnu: python-astrodendro: Update to 0.3.1.
0cd1b7d3dd * gnu: python-astroalign: Update to 2.6.1.
0b13b4377d * gnu: python-aplpy: Update to 2.2.0.
1114224fd8 * gnu: python-ginga: Update to 5.2.0.
85e26ff7f5 * gnu: Add python-puremagic.
3026633970 * gnu: python-drizzle: Update to 2.0.0.
a6280c80eb * gnu: python-crds: Update to 12.0.6.
c9652b99fe * gnu: python-bayesicfitting: Update to 3.2.2.
36cebfd290 * gnu: python-astropy: Update to 6.1.6.
3c5c745230 * gnu: python-astropy-iers-data: Update to 0.2024.11.18.0.35.2.
47fba20688 * gnu: python-asdf-astropy: Update to 0.7.0.
bdc72d7590 * gnu: libpasastro: Update to 1.4.3.
5336f74882 * gnu: imppg: Update to 1.9.2-beta.
ac6de79d98 * gnu: healpix-source: Update commentary note.
aca8dfa22d * gnu: gpredict: Update commentary note.
21e2228fd7 * gnu: Add python-spisea.
8df2acd5fe * gnu: Add python-vispy.
58537a3b89 * gnu: Add python-holodeck.
8f895c52c6 * gnu: Add python-cosmopy.
fac726a4ee * gnu: Add python-hasasia.
dcc2492dc4 * gnu: Add python-george.
edd17d92ff * gnu: Add python-kalepy.
09da0d3f0b * gnu: Add julia-astroangles.
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

--
Thanks,
Oleg

Subject: [PATCH 00/46] Astro update 2024/11.
From: Sharlatan Hellseher <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Sharlatan Hellseher <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2024 19:48:14 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

November updates are delayed, but still on the track with monthly Astro soft
update!

There were a multiple technical whoopsies; I've nearly lost all changes during
git rebase but with some wizardy and archaeology in git logs files resurrected
all changes for this month, ah ye maybe it was due to some very cold whether
^.^ let's see what we have.

The main highlights:
- Astropy is on the latest release (6.1.6) at the time it was checked this month.
- NASA's Common Data Format (CDF) project is now packed and available for
  review, license looks FOSS compatible and not restrictive for modification
  or distribution.
- Prepared one Julia package from JuliaAstro collection it may open the door
  for more dependent packages.
- Added more transit packages related to Astropy affiliated packages,
- And, eh.., a lot of Python updates on python-team branch bringing a NumPy of
  1.24.4 and the latest Pandas.
- Maintenance comments, Python Nose (a test framework), is deprecated so all
  references to that package were removed in the whole (gnu packages
  astronomy) module, no regression was introduced.

The log:
- added [10/10]
  - [X] cdf :: NASA's Common Data Format library and tools
  - [X] julia-astroangles :: Lightweight string parsing and representation of angles
  - [X] python-cosmopy :: Cosmological calculator in Python
  - [X] python-george :: Fast Gaussian Processes for regression
  - [X] python-hasasia :: Pulsar timing array sensitivity curves calculation in Python
  - [X] python-holodeck :: MBH Binary Population Synthesis for Gravitational Wave Calculations
  - [X] python-kalepy :: Kernel Density Estimation (KDE) and sampling
  - [X] python-puremagic :: Pure Python implementation of magic file detection
  - [X] python-spisea :: Stellar Population Synthesis Modeling
  - [X] python-vispy :: Interactive scientific visualization in Python
- updated [31/31]
  - [X] imppg :: 0.6.5->1.9.2-beta
  - [X] libpasastro :: 1.4.2->1.4.3
  - [X] python-aplpy :: 2.1.0->2.2.0
  - [X] python-asdf-astropy :: 0.6.1->0.7.0
  - [X] python-astroalign :: 2.6.0->2.6.1
  - [X] python-astrodendro :: 0.2.0-0.3181c36->0.3.1
  - [X] python-astropy-iers-data :: 0.2024.10.14.0.32.55->0.2024.11.18.0.35.2
  - [X] python-astropy :: 6.1.4->6.1.6
  - [X] python-bayesicfitting :: 3.2.1->3.2.2
  - [X] python-cdflib :: 1.3.1->1.3.2
  - [X] python-crds :: 12.0.4->12.0.6
  - [X] python-drizzle :: 1.15.3->2.0.0
  - [X] python-ginga :: 5.1.0->5.2.0
  - [X] python-jwst :: 1.16.0->1.16.1
  - [X] python-ndcube :: 2.2.3->2.2.4
  - [X] python-photutils :: 2.0.1->2.0.2
  - [X] python-pyerfa :: 2.0.1.4->2.0.1.5
  - [X] python-pyvo :: 1.5.3->1.6
  - [X] python-rad :: 0.21.0->0.22.0
  - [X] python-regularizepsf :: 0.4.0->1.0.2
  - [X] python-reproject :: 0.14.0->0.14.1
  - [X] python-roman-datamodels :: 0.21.0->0.22.0
  - [X] python-sep-pjw :: 1.3.6->1.3.7
  - [X] python-sncosmo :: 2.11.1->2.11.2
  - [X] python-specutils :: 1.18.0->1.19.0
  - [X] python-statmorph :: 0.5.7->0.6.0
  - [X] python-stcal :: 1.9.0->1.10.0
  - [X] python-stdatamodels :: 2.1.1->2.1.2
  - [X] python-stsynphot :: 1.3.0->1.4.0
  - [X] python-synphot :: 1.4.0->1.5.0
  - [X] python-yt :: 4.3.1->4.4.0

The next month plan is to continue with python-team refresh, prepare more
Astropy affiliated projects and try to pack more C/C++/Julia astro libraries.

The build stats:
--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
> ./pre-inst-env guix build cdf gpredict imppg julia-astroangles libpasastro
python-aplpy python-asdf-astropy python-astroalign python-astrodendro
python-astrodendro python-astropy python-astropy-iers-data
python-bayesicfitting python-cdflib python-cosmopy python-crds python-drizzle
python-gatspy python-george python-ginga python-hasasia python-holodeck
python-jwst python-kalepy python-ndcube python-photutils python-puremagic
python-pyerfa python-pyvo python-rad python-regularizepsf python-reproject
python-roman-datamodels python-sep-pjw python-sncosmo python-specutils
python-spisea python-statmorph python-stcal python-stdatamodels
python-stsynphot python-synphot python-vispy python-yt
python-yt-astro-analysis

/gnu/store/3bsx8l3csbv4hqaxflg8py839ks5pwdn-python-yt-astro-analysis-1.1.3
/gnu/store/bfs45ibqsphgrl6k823xkiajcfsq93vx-python-yt-4.4.0
/gnu/store/gqkvnia7k3b06l17r1fcdwyamydgkn80-python-vispy-0.14.3
/gnu/store/z628savshf01410q2l49m7l9afkadki2-python-synphot-1.5.0
/gnu/store/xxsd293w7jscgb5dzjf0rpdjkawq6nj7-python-stsynphot-1.4.0
/gnu/store/dqwy05ixdkwcnhc80xayq2zyhsflprhw-python-stdatamodels-2.1.2
/gnu/store/1jpmd9nbf0vkpqmpb5np5ws3m32g2zx4-python-stcal-1.10.0
/gnu/store/lb5yrql1gqsngkshiqqg9i3v4n86lj6p-python-statmorph-0.6.0
/gnu/store/840lqs45bxcmq9skdaajhhcwvffqxrz3-python-spisea-2.1.11
/gnu/store/kvmp1fpn4h9w0mq199d4g3yjars50k88-python-specutils-1.19.0
/gnu/store/zd1nmwpyb48z1j9s4hp731ha4knkflpm-python-sncosmo-2.11.2
/gnu/store/hbn6acz583a0yy6582m96phy2ygcsjrh-python-sep-pjw-1.3.7
/gnu/store/arx0n6x85d1qr129hcm75pn846hls14j-python-roman-datamodels-0.22.0
/gnu/store/cz0lvb8far97pbz0n5k9lidiz763gbd8-python-reproject-0.14.1
/gnu/store/sgyaa3d657pbb0g41hp2pz8czx2qhna3-python-regularizepsf-1.0.2
/gnu/store/988lg2m0qm2vknm3pw3f48zmzwavv2lh-python-rad-0.22.0
/gnu/store/il2738qks33l4jbgvjndqgxg2gsqszzf-python-pyvo-1.6
/gnu/store/7l0jqyirimmvpn4hiz0jx9wb1bi24yff-python-pyerfa-2.0.1.5
/gnu/store/d6qgcqq5iw1h92z8dzaqkdz0wzi79rsq-python-puremagic-1.28
/gnu/store/kfq7wl7b4fkj7ygq8mz5bds09m13vm0f-python-photutils-2.0.2
/gnu/store/jd0y8sibm7nxq573k7yyr6bip5kk6hc5-python-ndcube-2.2.4
/gnu/store/0n6d2bhj99w3a2qng32nmnjwc4s03yn3-python-kalepy-1.4.3
/gnu/store/5a20zwyfw5x0qpggcrhpr021nxhfvakn-python-jwst-1.16.1
/gnu/store/wp99hv94cq8xhdgs3hzwnnf67dbafxr4-python-holodeck-1.5.2
/gnu/store/apd47hrbv5cmnwbfar4bgkm4nb8bd536-python-hasasia-1.2.3
/gnu/store/jv5i8g9fzw27nvfpdjzxf82gr9n47ki9-python-ginga-5.2.0
/gnu/store/jd256ihvhhjsxgkiz1adinxr36id3c9l-python-george-0.4.3
/gnu/store/jx46k743fvr06ldr6hk30sf7l8d8kw8i-python-gatspy-0.3
/gnu/store/9yyggm4y92a811qxxpbq53kx74zr14bg-python-drizzle-2.0.0
/gnu/store/v405g563z5yig2jmpj8ndp0ny69nda8z-python-crds-12.0.6
/gnu/store/8yf4hv86kr32303l9ddlpcx4fyg8niim-python-cosmopy-3.6
/gnu/store/3p5if19nkljfi175b314gvhp2vfsm5yg-python-cdflib-1.3.2
/gnu/store/7bw0ki2ys5z3108z23smfmv2jic70zxv-python-bayesicfitting-3.2.2
/gnu/store/j4n4pbqp3i251gb1n9j65vh3c99a5505-python-astropy-iers-data-0.2024.11.18.0.35.2
/gnu/store/dfxc2hfdh3q8jr19c2y7cr9cs1335sky-python-astropy-6.1.6
/gnu/store/jb7xxy4x0yvrsqjd32sl8d7zn3liz9v2-python-astrodendro-0.3.1
/gnu/store/a9dwgq3szkhc7an5rrc63ry7zbcry7ry-python-astroalign-2.6.1
/gnu/store/rjr4di1xnb3hlwbjvi8dki0iarh7bg3z-python-asdf-astropy-0.7.0
/gnu/store/iq17m1nm30d5avl587w2kkq6z755mras-python-aplpy-2.2.0
/gnu/store/6vn7icwbh768m3n5nw9yljjxg9flxh46-libpasastro-1.4.3
/gnu/store/bjjfal1f4cilh9px4j6f8j6b8bavhqaj-julia-astroangles-0.1.3
/gnu/store/chza2dzfgksj7immxhzklcjhlavf3sib-imppg-1.9.2-beta
/gnu/store/qnsdmyvcs8ic6f9pfs6bxjgi2qbxga88-gpredict-2.2.1
/gnu/store/vljrinjr0z9vmkyaslym5sd85ff3pfqr-cdf-3.9.1
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Dependent build stats:
--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
Building the following 30 packages would ensure 90 dependent packages are
rebuilt: [email-masked] [email-masked]
[email-masked] [email-masked]
[email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]
[email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]
[email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]
[email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]
[email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]
[email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]
[email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]
[email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]
[email-masked]

/gnu/store/3bsx8l3csbv4hqaxflg8py839ks5pwdn-python-yt-astro-analysis-1.1.3
/gnu/store/6dc49c7ilmc5hf1vs92xb1dn4w7gd5d6-python-pyxsim-4.4.2
/gnu/store/3kp6r7l17vj9fcf05q6s7cm5cqgqcqvj-python-glue-astronomy-0.10.0
/gnu/store/qk8g8xvvvfs4hwikdl67s7dw9n1d7dy8-python-sbpy-0.5.0
/gnu/store/5xjv5mxdfl8hg0a1k1znqbmy4639kv7l-python-webbpsf-1.4.0
/gnu/store/p6hyqmc2xa9hwyizdxzrns3q67w5zcaj-python-jwst-reffiles-1.0.1
/gnu/store/r251pnwzxci80k0h65gnn2i0n54hmnn3-python-acstools-3.7.2
/gnu/store/a9dwgq3szkhc7an5rrc63ry7zbcry7ry-python-astroalign-2.6.1
/gnu/store/sgyaa3d657pbb0g41hp2pz8czx2qhna3-python-regularizepsf-1.0.2
/gnu/store/97yv077si7l5zg5bv9gy8yanpmnm4562-python-glue-qt-0.3.1
/gnu/store/iq17m1nm30d5avl587w2kkq6z755mras-python-aplpy-2.2.0
/gnu/store/zj8hynzhz30pq9k12skh1frq69sl0wgf-python-radiospectra-0.6.0
/gnu/store/6blzi1a3rbq2jaavmavk649kidk4l8p9-python-sunkit-image-0.5.1
/gnu/store/8sq46a6kf18whw4sv9wfgjkby31mhgmn-python-poliastro-0.17.0
/gnu/store/3yv90jx56jw86wsbv0rl5had92qk1a37-ginga-qt5-5.2.0
/gnu/store/cizh2ban80d7xblkgzs839p06b421h7k-python-astroplan-0.10.1
/gnu/store/nk0v1wgwvgkap9y97id31fm4fym206h6-python-coolest-0.1.9
/gnu/store/zd1nmwpyb48z1j9s4hp731ha4knkflpm-python-sncosmo-2.11.2
/gnu/store/cl06nnk6w83xlyhq9jnqmym0fyrfxc71-python-cesium-0.12.1
/gnu/store/lb5yrql1gqsngkshiqqg9i3v4n86lj6p-python-statmorph-0.6.0
/gnu/store/wp99hv94cq8xhdgs3hzwnnf67dbafxr4-python-holodeck-1.5.2
/gnu/store/840lqs45bxcmq9skdaajhhcwvffqxrz3-python-spisea-2.1.11
/gnu/store/4x48kpn4mp3zv3mdhdp21rhy89akhv09-scamp-2.10.0
/gnu/store/8j7mdszrild2qk9n4lgc4lpvy34hd4z4-python-halotools-0.9.1
/gnu/store/k35hrzwffb6qqmrc2bg3hj9f0alk1dsm-python-naima-0.10.0
/gnu/store/4k671l0ziwmlamymb6nfzaj9aalf8grb-python-viresclient-0.12.0
/gnu/store/wl0x68hi7kv3ff47d85bmnzcisz65zkq-python-asdf-zarr-0.0.4
/gnu/store/va019rd8irpryvd5ilia8bjhz2ld0jgr-python-asdf-compression-0.0.1-0.57cc7e7
/gnu/store/5wq804ayfl0k6xjhhsmvaybff3df0qik-python-kanon-0.6.6
/gnu/store/k54zz5jvwvwa8zw9n5hi2sfmx4d0aina-python-zodipy-1.1.0
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Sharlatan Hellseher (46):
  gnu: Add cdf.
  gnu: Add julia-astroangles.
  gnu: Add python-kalepy.
  gnu: Add python-george.
  gnu: Add python-hasasia.
  gnu: Add python-cosmopy.
  gnu: Add python-holodeck.
  gnu: Add python-vispy.
  gnu: Add python-spisea.
  gnu: gpredict: Update commentary note.
  gnu: healpix-source: Update commentary note.
  gnu: imppg: Update to 1.9.2-beta.
  gnu: libpasastro: Update to 1.4.3.
  gnu: python-asdf-astropy: Update to 0.7.0.
  gnu: python-astropy-iers-data: Update to 0.2024.11.18.0.35.2.
  gnu: python-astropy: Update to 6.1.6.
  gnu: python-bayesicfitting: Update to 3.2.2.
  gnu: python-crds: Update to 12.0.6.
  gnu: python-drizzle: Update to 2.0.0.
  gnu: Add python-puremagic.
  gnu: python-ginga: Update to 5.2.0.
  gnu: python-aplpy: Update to 2.2.0.
  gnu: python-astroalign: Update to 2.6.1.
  gnu: python-astrodendro: Update to 0.3.1.
  gnu: python-astrodendro: Fix indentation.
  gnu: python-cdflib: Update to 1.3.2.
  gnu: python-jwst: Update to 1.16.1.
  gnu: python-ndcube: Update to 2.2.4.
  gnu: python-photutils: Update to 2.0.2.
  gnu: python-pyerfa: Update to 2.0.1.5.
  gnu: python-pyvo: Update to 1.6.
  gnu: python-rad: Update to 0.22.0.
  gnu: python-regularizepsf: Update to 1.0.2.
  gnu: python-reproject: Update to 0.14.1.
  gnu: python-roman-datamodels: Update to 0.22.0.
  gnu: python-sep-pjw: Update to 1.3.7.
  gnu: python-sncosmo: Update to 2.11.2.
  gnu: python-specutils: Update to 1.19.0.
  gnu: python-statmorph: Update to 0.6.0.
  gnu: python-stcal: Update to 1.10.0.
  gnu: python-stdatamodels: Update to 2.1.2.
  gnu: python-stsynphot: Update to 1.4.0.
  gnu: python-synphot: Update to 1.5.0.
  gnu: python-yt: Update to 4.4.0.
  gnu: python-yt-astro-analysis: Adjust inputs.
  gnu: python-gatspy: Adjust inputs.

 gnu/packages/astronomy.scm       | 789 ++++++++++++++++++++-----------
 gnu/packages/julia-xyz.scm       |  25 +
 gnu/packages/python-graphics.scm |  74 ++-
 gnu/packages/python-xyz.scm      |  23 +
 gnu/packages/statistics.scm      |  61 +++
 5 files changed, 697 insertions(+), 275 deletions(-)

base-commit: 36f516bfcdf64185f5d70c21a908283be22a34fd
-- 
2.46.0