Subject: Re: bug#74496: 30.0.91; fullscreen frame set with F11 is shifted when ctwm restarts

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2024 11:42:49 +0100

Some further details here:

 > - A maximized/fullscreen GTK-3 built frame is broken after a CTWM
 >    restart in the sense that scrollbars are no more positioned correctly
 >    - they are drawn partially offscreen.  Have you ever tried building
 >    with GTK-3?

This is not entirely correct.  The scrollbars of a maximized/fullscreen
GTK-3 frame are broken right away, no need for a CTWM restart.

More interesting is the following: With 'frame-resize-pixelwise' nil
zooming a frame vertically gets me a pixel height of 962.  With
'frame-resize-pixelwise' t it gets me 976.  So please try again setting

(setq frame-resize-pixelwise t)

and do it in your init file.  Its doc-string says explicitly

   With some window managers you may have to set this to non-nil in order
   to set the size of a frame in pixels, to maximize frames or to make them
   fullscreen.  To resize your initial frame pixelwise, set this option to
   a non-nil value in your init file.

martin