Subject: bug#74496: 30.0.91; fullscreen frame set with F11 is shifted when ctwm restarts

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2024 10:23:59 +0100

>> BTW I installed CTWM here but I have no idea how to restart it from
 >> within a fullscreen Emacs frame.  Any attemtps to assign f.restart to
 >> "F9" in the init file has CTWM hang and sometimes spills out that the
 >> init file has a syntax error.
 >
 > On a right handed mouse use the left button depressed on the desktop
 > background to present

When my Emacs window is fullboth there is do desktop background.

 >    - Restart CTWM
 >    - Quit
 >
 > The fullscreen Emacs frame goes in one of the virtual workspaces.  Keep
 > one workspace showing the desktop background for the mouse to click on.

How do I select a workspace showing the desktop background from a
workspace showing a fullboth Emacs frame?

 > The following CTWM configuration presents the Restart CTWM menu item on
 > Super-p or mod4-p keychord
 >
 >    https://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/src/external/mit/ctwm/etc/system.ctwmrc?rev=1.20;content-type=text%2Fplain

But a menu is of no use when I have a fullboth Emacs frame. All I need
is one simple keybinding to restart CTWM in a workspace that is fully
occupied by a fullboth Emacs frame.  Or a shell command that restarts
CTWM.

martin