Subject: Re: bug#74496: 30.0.91; fullscreen frame set with F11 is shifted when ctwm restarts

From: Van Ly <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 Dec 2024 14:26:32 +0000

>
> - The fullscreen parameters are reset when restarting CWTM regardless of
>    whether the frame was maximized or fullboth.  This means that when you
>    do F11, restart CWTM and do F11 again the frame will become fullscreen
>    again.  Right?

Yes.

> - The size of fullscreen frames shrinks by 8 pixels unless there is a
>    maximized frame present.
>
> IIUC you are using Lucid.  Now in xterm.c there are three instances of

I use Lucid or Xaw, the bug diagnostics report will show it.

>
> store_frame_param (f, Qfullscreen, lval);
>
> Can you put a breakpoint on each of them, ideally conditioned on lval
> equaling Qnil, restart CWTM and post a backtrace of whatever happens.
> I'd like to find out what kind of event makes us reset the parameter.

I'll need to find and read documentation to figure out how that is to be
done.

Meanwhile, some more observations.  Inside xterm or uxterm the keychord
`fn RET' or `meta RET' will fullscreen and persist across CTWM restart.

Now unrelated to CTWM restart, the following is observed when zooming.

Using the `Window' context menu zoom from CTWM on xterm or uxterm
choosing any of the options `Zoom, Zoom-V, Zoom-H' leaves a 

 - gap at the right and bottom edge for `Zoom',
 - gap at bottom edge for `Zoom-V' and
 - gap at the right edge for `Zoom-H'.

The above suggests CTWM has issues calculating the height and width
dimensions for fullscreen on u/xterm.

Also, from a normal 80x24 u/xterm, when I `Window, Zoom' that results in
the gap at right and bottom edge, then when I keychord `meta RET' the
first time, I get the borderless fullscreen, keychord the second time
and u/xterm returns to a normal 80x24 dimension.

-- 
vl