Subject: bug#74496: 30.0.91; fullscreen frame set with F11 is shifted when ctwm restarts

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2024 15:57:56 +0100

> Without
 >
 >          (setopt frame-resize-pixelwise t)
 >
 > Seems to work for fullboth but not maximized on 30.0.92.

It will only work for fullboth.  With practically all window managers
that accept size hints you have to set 'frame-resize-pixelwise' to
non-nil to make maximized, fullheight and fullwidth work.  You don't
need it on Windows because that does not process size hints.

 > F11 maximized will shift after ctwm restart and won't self correct.

What is "F11 maximized"?  F11 is "fullboth" (it was called "fullscreen"
once).  "Self correct" will work only if the top left corner of the
frame has negative coordinates.  This holds only for fullboth frames.

 > With
 >
 >          (setopt frame-resize-pixelwise t) ;and without ctwm-restart window-size-change-functions hook
 >
 > fullboth and maximized work on 30.0.92.

Yes.  But you wanted to make F11 survive restarts without setting
'frame-resize-pixelwise'.

martin