Subject: bug#74496: 30.0.91; fullscreen frame set with F11 is shifted when ctwm restarts

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2024 11:30:45 +0100

> To stay on topic on this bug, without frame-resize-pixelwise being set
 > t, F11 fullscreen achieves maximized fullscreen.  When ctwm restart
 > occurs and when the gap appears on the bottom edge of emacs relative to
 > the desktop background, couldn't a screen refresh controlled by emacs

Automatically?  Emacs is oblivious of ctwm restarts.  All it gets are
unmap, map and configure events.

 > call F11 fullscreen, again, and preserve the experience of maximized
 > fullscreen?  That being the case there's no need to insert in init file
 >
 >               (setq-default frame-resize-pixelwise t)
 >
 > Toggle on the fullboth full screen Window Zoom produces the gap at the
 > bottom edge before ctwm restart and that is solved by the above init
 > file setting.  Do you see what I mean?

Not really.  The gap results from the fact that after ctwm restarts the
frame has become "normal" again and ctwm applies the resize hints on it.
If 'frame-resize-pixelwise' is nil, ctwm rounds the height to the next
multiple of the frame's line height (+ the basic size).

But you might be able to enhance the f11 specification I sent you
earlier to first shrink the frame by a few pixels and then toggle the
fullboth status again.  So you would have to hit f11 after each ctwm
restart.

martin