Subject: bug#74496: 30.0.91; fullscreen frame set with F11 is shifted when ctwm restarts

From: Van Ly <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2024 13:40:58 +0000

martin rudalics <[email-masked]> writes:

>  > The frame-resize-pixelwise t setting is enough to bury this bug report
>  > email trail?
>
> I came to the conclusion that the "fullscreen" state after CTWM restart
> is broken in CTWM.  In particular, I conducted the following experiment
> with Firefox, Krusader and VLC (using the .ctwmrc you proposed earlier):
>
> - Start them via xterm.
>
> - Use the mouse to resize their window.
>
> - Use the menu in the title bar to make their window full height via
>    Zoom-V.
>
> - Restart CTWM.
>
> In all cases a further click on Zoom-V does not change the size of the
> window to that before the previous Zoom-V.  Hence, these applications
> behave here just as Emacs.  Can you try similar experiments?  If they
> turn out to do the same as here, you could try to discuss this issue
> with the maintainer of CTWM.

Opening the aperture to "F11 fullscreen" for emacs and firefox, on ctwm
restart, the F11 fullscreen state is persisted.  Emacs needs the init
file to set t for frame-resize-pixelwise.  Loss of the prior framesize
to the F11 fullscreen after ctwm restart is an acceptable glitch for in
my use case as I don't leave F11 fullscreen in the virtual screen
workspace.

Do other window managers remember their window frame size history prior
to their current size at time of wm restart after restart?  I could use
the example to show the CTWM maintainers.

-- 
vl