Subject: bug#74496: 30.0.91; fullscreen frame set with F11 is shifted when ctwm restarts

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2024 18:36:15 +0100

> After ctwm restart, in all cases of F11 fullscreen, zoom, zoom vertical,
 > and zoom horizontal, the ability to toggle to previous frame size is
 > lost.

What happens is that whatever the non-nil fullscreen state is, the size
of the frame in the state immediately before restarting CTWM is frozen:
It becomes the frame's new "normal" size after CTWM has restarted.  You
still can transit from maximized to fullboth and vice-versa but the
previous normal size is lost.

Not that the "normal" size works well with each and every window manager
but the behavior on CTWM is quite singular.  OTOH I don't know of any WM
that supports its own restart on-the-fly.  Maybe that's the prize one
has to pay for it.

 > What I there do is move the entire frame to one side, C-x 5 2 to
 > create a new frame of default size, C-x 5 0 to remove the windowframe
 > that is unable to toggle between fullscreen and previous size because of
 > ctwm restart.

But this is a problem you had without setting 'frame-resize-pixelwise'
too.  Right?

martin