Subject: bug#74496: 30.0.91; fullscreen frame set with F11 is shifted when ctwm restarts

From: Van Ly <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Dec 2024 16:33:11 +0000

martin rudalics <[email-masked]> writes:

> So IIUC the unexpected resizing with CTWM restart can be fixed by
> setting 'frame-resize-pixelwise' to t.  The fullscreen parameter
> settings are still broken.  These might be related to an obscure
> variable I coined 'x-frame-normalize-before-maximize' years ago but I
> have to experiment with it myself before telling you more.
>
> BTW, earlier I wrote that
>
>  > - When restarting CTWM there is a short moment (less than a second)
>  >   where the frame shrinks slightly in both cases.
>
> Meanwhile I noticed the same behavior with all "vertically zoomed"
> windows including those on xterms.  Can you observe a similar effect?

Having the setting 'frame-resize-pixelwise' to t in place I don't see
any slight shrinkage in any of the cases at the time of ctwm restart.

After ctwm restart, in all cases of F11 fullscreen, zoom, zoom vertical,
and zoom horizontal, the ability to toggle to previous frame size is
lost.  What I there do is move the entire frame to one side, C-x 5 2 to
create a new frame of default size, C-x 5 0 to remove the windowframe
that is unable to toggle between fullscreen and previous size because of
ctwm restart.

-- 
vl