Subject: [bug#74495] [PATCH 00/16] gnu: Add go-github-com-noahgorstein-jqp.

From: Sharlatan Hellseher <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2024 22:32:16 +0000

Hi,

Thanks for the patches!

After a intial review of package placement there are some comments:

Better sutes for (gnu packages xdisorg), there are golang packages, and
it prevent importing  xdisorg and xorg into golang-xyz.
--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
+(define-public go-github-com-atotto-clipboard
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

What's going on here, maybe repack go-github-com-kylelemons-godebug to
include all modules, wdyt?
--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
+(define-public go-github-com-kylelemons-godebug-pretty
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Please, no new packages to golang.scm
--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
+(define-public go-github-com-aymanbagabas-go-udiff
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Please follow the style ;-)
--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
+    (native-inputs (list go-github-com-kylelemons-godebug
+                         go-github-com-kylelemons-godebug-pretty))
+    (arguments
+     (list
+      #:import-path "github.com/sahilm/fuzzy"))
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Nixe to see that new go-import works with #:subdir!
--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
+(define-public go-github-com-charmbracelet-x-exp-golden
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

There is a guile funcion for that:
--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
+      #:modules '((guix build go-build-system)
+                  (guix build utils))
+      #:phases #~(modify-phases %standard-phases
+                   (add-before 'check 'fix-tests
+                     (lambda _
+                       (invoke "chmod"
+                               "-R"
+                               "+w"
+                               "src/github.com/charmbracelet/x/exp/golden"))))))
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

For any like this, please sort alphabetically:
--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
+    (propagated-inputs (list go-github-com-sahilm-fuzzy
+                             go-github-com-rivo-uniseg
+                             go-github-com-muesli-termenv
+                             go-github-com-mattn-go-runewidth
+                             go-github-com-lucasb-eyer-go-colorful
+                             go-github-com-dustin-go-humanize
+                             go-github-com-charmbracelet-x-exp-golden
+                             go-github-com-charmbracelet-x-ansi
+                             go-github-com-charmbracelet-lipgloss
+                             go-github-com-charmbracelet-harmonica
+                             go-github-com-charmbracelet-bubbletea
+                             go-github-com-atotto-clipboard
+                             go-github-com-makenowjust-heredoc))
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

It might be a good case for dedicated issues to split library out of
binary, I can take it.
--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
[PATCH 10/16] gnu: go-github-com-itchyny-gojq: Install the library.
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Description might need to be a little longer than synopsis, check the
code docstring sometimes modules documented well outside of README:
--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
+    (synopsis "Terminal utilities and helpers")
+    (description
+     "@code{term} defines terminal utilities.")
+    (license license:expat)))
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Feel free to move to coresponded golang-* module:
--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
[PATCH 12/16] gnu: go-github-com-charmbracelet-bubbletea: Remove input labels.
[PATCH 15/16] gnu: go-github-com-charmbracelet-bubbletea: Update to 1.2.3.

--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Let's keep it in web to reduce module cyles:
--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
[PATCH 16/16] gnu: Add go-github-com-noahgorstein-jqp.
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

In v2 I'll check license and package internals

--
Thanks,
Oleg