Subject: Guix said to email you this.

From: Mark Dewey <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2024 02:32:24 -0700

I got this error when doing `guix pull` (for the first time) after 
installing guix via apt-get on Xubutnu 22.04.4 LTS. The fonts on Icecat 
weren't rendering. I did a few other things, trying to get the fonts to 
work, to no avail (I think rebuild the font cache or something, and I 
installed a couple font-related things at ChatGPT's suggestion). Then I 
came to do a pull request with the intention to update Icecat afterward, 
to see if that would fix the fonts:

user@computer:~$ guix package -u icecat
guix package: warning: Consider running 'guix pull' followed by
'guix package -u' to get up-to-date packages and security updates.

user@computer:~$ guix pull
Updating channel 'guix' from Git repository at 
'https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git'...
Authenticating channel 'guix', commits 9edb3f6 to 9b1de85 (83,837 new 
commits)...
Building from this channel:
   guix      https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git	9b1de85
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
  guile-gcrypt-0.3.0  149KiB           154KiB/s 00:01 
[##################] 100.0%
building /gnu/store/sflmgcfcdwizj7iyd3pfksdvrkc3pskb-config.scm.drv...
building /gnu/store/7k17dvmcrdicjsdxmpvhss4p3i3d70j5-git.scm.drv...
building /gnu/store/j9s3n7iqvh8pqkxkwy91nq3qynr1nby7-hash.scm.drv...
building 
/gnu/store/fpqr28gx482wl4cp2lrmk246zr49qh1p-module-import.drv...
building 
/gnu/store/lin54pqrb4f262d9zmcfnn784qxlzrfj-module-import.drv...
building 
/gnu/store/kvwhpfjisqfn8gij1by0aglc25s6s7z8-module-import-compiled.drv...
building 
/gnu/store/pvxcjp1lz2x63fvs2c844iblclriaa5i-module-import-compiled.drv...
building 
/gnu/store/h0wwv4xnrnm2r37mka5qfqr46v341q2a-compute-guix-derivation.drv...
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
  curl-8.6.0-doc  535KiB               832KiB/s 00:01 
[##################] 100.0%
  bash-static-5.1.16  685KiB           655KiB/s 00:01 
[##################] 100.0%
  perl-text-wrapi18n-0.06  5KiB        2.6MiB/s 00:00 
[##################] 100.0%
  glibc-2.39  8.6MiB                   172KiB/s 00:51 
[##################] 100.0%
  perl-yaml-tiny-1.73  25KiB          14.9MiB/s 00:00 
[##################] 100.0%
  bash-minimal-5.1.16  568KiB         1023KiB/s 00:01 
[##################] 100.0%
  gcc-11.4.0-lib  4.8MiB               387KiB/s 00:13 
[##################] 100.0%
  bash-minimal-5.1.16  554KiB          149KiB/s 00:04 
[##################] 100.0%
  coreutils-9.1  2.5MiB                305KiB/s 00:08 
[##################] 100.0%
Backtrace:
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
   1752:10 19 (with-exception-handler _ _ #:unwind? _ # _)
In unknown file:
           18 (apply-smob/0 #<thunk 7f10d48ed540>)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
     724:2 17 (call-with-prompt _ _ #<procedure default-prompt-handle?>)
In ice-9/eval.scm:
     619:8 16 (_ #(#(#<directory (guile-user) 7f10d48f1c80>)))
In guix/ui.scm:
   2166:12 15 (run-guix-command _ . _)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
   1752:10 14 (with-exception-handler _ _ #:unwind? _ # _)
   1752:10 13 (with-exception-handler _ _ #:unwind? _ # _)
   1747:15 12 (with-exception-handler #<procedure 7f10d203e600 at ic?> ?)
In guix/scripts/substitute.scm:
    765:15 11 (_)
     468:7 10 (process-substitution #<output: file 4> _ "/gnu/store/?" ?)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
   1752:10  9 (with-exception-handler _ _ #:unwind? _ # _)
In guix/scripts/substitute.scm:
     477:9  8 (_)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
   1747:15  7 (with-exception-handler #<procedure 7f10d140bf00 at ic?> ?)
   1685:16  6 (raise-exception _ #:continuable? _)
   1683:16  5 (raise-exception _ #:continuable? _)
   1685:16  4 (raise-exception _ #:continuable? _)
   1780:13  3 (_ #<&compound-exception components: (#<&error> #<&irri?>)
   1685:16  2 (raise-exception _ #:continuable? _)
   1683:16  1 (raise-exception _ #:continuable? _)
   1685:16  0 (raise-exception _ #:continuable? _)

-Backtrace:
           15 (primitive-load 
"/gnu/store/3sszk0lgfc72vjfrvzajhhsldxq1lrij-compute-guix-derivation")
In ice-9/eval.scm:
     155:9 14 (_ _)
     159:9 13 (_ #(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#<directory (guile-u?> 
?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?))
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
     152:2 12 (with-fluid* _ _ _)
     152:2 11 (with-fluid* _ _ _)
In ./guix/store.scm:
   2210:24 10 (run-with-store #<store-connection 256.99 7efeea96b500> _ 
#:guile-for-build _ #:system _ #:target _)
    2038:8  9 (_ _)
In ./guix/gexp.scm:
    300:22  8 (_ _)
    1218:2  7 (_ _)
    1085:2  6 (_ _)
     926:4  5 (_ _)
In ./guix/store.scm:
   2095:12  4 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7efeea96b500>)
    1433:5  3 (map/accumulate-builds #<store-connection 256.99 
7efeea96b500> #<procedure 7efeea53a9c0 at ./guix/stor?> ?)
   1449:15  2 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7efeea96b500> _ _)
    746:11  1 (process-stderr #<store-connection 256.99 7efeea96b500> _)
In ./guix/serialization.scm:
      79:6  0 (read-int #<input-output: file 10>)

./guix/serialization.scm:79:6: In procedure read-int:
ERROR:
   1. &nar-error:
       file: #f
       port: #<input-output: file 10>
\guix pull: error: You found a bug: the program 
'/gnu/store/3sszk0lgfc72vjfrvzajhhsldxq1lrij-compute-guix-derivation'
failed to compute the derivation for Guix (version: 
"9b1de856cf1870feda070d03eeb98f532c466238"; system: "x86_64-linux";
host version: "1.3.0"; pull-version: 1).
Please report the COMPLETE output above by email to <[email-masked]>.